Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker Announced, Available

The wearable market has been around for a few years, with Pebble and Samsung smartwatches … more

Forums Added for the Oppo R5, Oppo N3, and Xiaomi Redmi Note

Just yesterday, Oppo unveiled a pair of rather unique smartphones, the Oppo … more

How to Play Music From Android Wear – XDA TV

Yesterday, we showed you how to do some advanced things with your Moto 360 quite easily … more

Google Updates Play Games, Wallet, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive, Google+, and Camera

While we haven’t really had much in the way of … more

Pebble Watch + Car Bluetooth?

OP jason.hamilton

26th February 2013, 01:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 46

517 posts
More
I am thinking about purchasing the Pebble SmartWatch. I am curious to if I will be able to connect the watch to my phone while my phone is connected to my truck's bluetooth radio or Bluetooth headset (one at a time). All the reviews i have seen shows it just playing through headphones or the phone's speaker, not through another bluetooth device. Anyone have any experience w/ the pebble watch? 150.00 is alot without confirming that it works.
26th February 2013, 03:12 PM   |  #2  
Flag North Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 209

1,222 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason.hamilton

I am thinking about purchasing the Pebble SmartWatch. I am curious to if I will be able to connect the watch to my phone while my phone is connected to my truck's bluetooth radio or Bluetooth headset (one at a time). All the reviews i have seen shows it just playing through headphones or the phone's speaker, not through another bluetooth device. Anyone have any experience w/ the pebble watch? 150.00 is alot without confirming that it works.

I don't think the phone can maintain more than one bluetooth connection at a time. Though my car stereo can so I guess it is possible and just a software issue. Maybe there's an app out there or maybe a Dev could figure it out. BUT since a car stereo connects as a headset MAYBE it could connect to a second device as a data connection (Watch)?

I don't think it's available for the public yet, only shipping to "backers" at this point. Still says "Pre-Order"
26th February 2013, 03:16 PM   |  #3  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 408

1,656 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: Pebble Watch + Car Bluetooth?
My car doesn't have A2DP so I run 2 simultaneous connections and it works perfectly fine. One connection to the car's phone and another for audio through an A2DP device connected so I can listen to music as well as take calls from the car. The phone hands each off just fine. The N4 is perfectly capable of handling multiple Bluetooth connections at a time.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
26th February 2013, 03:24 PM   |  #4  
Flag San Antonio TX
Thanks Meter: 1,056

4,858 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by setzer715

I don't think the phone can maintain more than one bluetooth connection at a time. Though my car stereo can so I guess it is possible and just a software issue. Maybe there's an app out there or maybe a Dev could figure it out. BUT since a car stereo connects as a headset MAYBE it could connect to a second device as a data connection (Watch)?

I don't think it's available for the public yet, only shipping to "backers" at this point. Still says "Pre-Order"

Th phone can be connected to two things at once. I have my Parrot Minikit Neo and also the HTC stereo stick connected at the same time. So when a call comes in, the Parrot will pick up the call and then when ended, my HTC Stereo stick will continue to play/stream from my phone.

I'm just running PA 3.1 and no audio add-ons/hacks. Using Poweramp and sometimes N7 player to play from my phone.

And I am a backer as well. I have the Grey one on order, and from my understanding, will be one of the last ones to be shipped because they begun shipping only the black pebbles at this point and is approx 30% done with it's backer rewards. So I'll probably get it in May lol.
Last edited by kpjimmy; 26th February 2013 at 03:27 PM.
26th February 2013, 03:31 PM   |  #5  
Flag North Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 209

1,222 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpjimmy

Th phone can be connected to two things at once. I have my Parrot Minikit Neo and also the HTC stereo stick connected at the same time. So when a call comes in, the Parrot will pick up the call and then when ended, my HTC Stereo stick will continue to play/stream from my phone.

I'm just running PA 3.1 and no audio add-ons/hacks. Using Poweramp and sometimes N7 player to play from my phone.

And I am a backer as well. I have the Grey one on order, and from my understanding, will be one of the last ones to be shipped because they begun shipping only the black pebbles at this point and is approx 30% done with it's backer rewards. So I'll probably get it in May lol.

Good to know that the phone can handle multiple connections at once!

I just added one of the watches to the cart to see ship time and it's stating a ship time of April-May. I think as a backer you will get it sooner. I'm not getting one, $150 is quite a bit but my wife cannot use her phone at work. It's tough for me to get a hold of her so I was thinking for her. She's an Apple user though so she may just wait and see what Apple releases this year.
26th February 2013, 03:46 PM   |  #6  
Flag Utah
Thanks Meter: 58

619 posts
More
Quote:

I just added one of the watches to the cart to see ship time and it's stating a ship time of April-May. I think as a backer you will get it sooner. I'm not getting one, $150 is quite a bit but my wife cannot use her phone at work. It's tough for me to get a hold of her so I was thinking for her. She's an Apple user though so she may just wait and see what Apple releases this year.

I am a backer and I don't expect to see mine until April. lol
They are putting off color orders and producing more black than anything. Their production isn't where they planned on it being either. I expect that April-May shipment for pre-orders to become June-July.
26th February 2013, 04:02 PM   |  #7  
Flag San Antonio TX

4,858 posts
More
Quote:

There's a kickstarter called Embrace+ a notifying bracelet. I don't think it will get funded. It has a lofty goal of $250k and it's about 22k into it with 25 days to go lol. Good idea! But sadly won't get made.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...plus/embrace-1

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablos991

I am a backer and I don't expect to see mine until April. lol
They are putting off color orders and producing more black than anything. Their production isn't where they planned on it being either. I expect that April-May shipment for pre-orders to become June-July.

What color did you get?
26th February 2013, 05:59 PM   |  #8  
Flag Utah
Thanks Meter: 58

619 posts
More
Quote:

There's a kickstarter called Embrace+ a notifying bracelet. I don't think it will get funded. It has a lofty goal of $250k and it's about 22k into it with 25 days to go lol. Good idea! But sadly won't get made.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...plus/embrace-1

Just remember people, Kickstarter is not a store. These investments potentially have much more risk involved.

Quote:

What color did you get?

Gray.
26th February 2013, 06:45 PM   |  #9  
Flag San Antonio TX

4,858 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablos991

Just remember people, Kickstarter is not a store. These investments potentially have much more risk involved.

Gray.

Cool! Yes I know it's not a store. I have backed quite a few :P
26th February 2013, 08:14 PM   |  #10  
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 56

398 posts
More
For the love of everything that is holy I have been trying to find this solution for so long...

I'm basically looking for an Android compatible version of something like the Kensington LiquidAUX setup. For older cars that don't have built in bluetooth but DO have an auxillary in cable, this solution lets you plug the aux in cable into a bluetooth receiver and also gives you a remote that attaches to your steering wheel that can change music tracks. You can see what I mean from these pictures:

I have been searching and searching and searching and have never found anything that will accomplish this with an Android phone. I had privately always wondered if a Pebble watch could achieve this.

The Following User Says Thank You to irishtexmex For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread