Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,324 Members 42,355 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Phone Dead?

Tip us?

lokenok
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 110

DONATE TO ME
Unhappy Phone Dead?

I recently dropped my phone into the toilet water.... i quickly removed it and i volume down and power to force it off.. after 2 days i checked the phone again.. it didnt on but i plug the charger.. there was a red led only.. i tried many unbrick methods but i dont think my phone is bricked. I opened up the insides of the phone and all the water has gone and theres no water stuck or anything.. dry
but my nexus 4 is still on red led when plugged in.. I think its battery problem?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodian View Post
Why do people care so much about benchmark scores? Does it really matter? The only test that should matter is your eyeball.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Current - Nexus 4
Devices - HTC Wildfire , Xperia Ray , Note 2 , S3
[Join dropbox for easy cloud storage! http://db.tt/26BGYBRn click the link to get 500mb xtra space for you and me!!

AbhiLP
Old
Thanks Meter 44
I think it's not messed up completely. You should take it to service center ASAP instead of guessing what happened to it.
** There are no shortcuts to any place worth going **
The Following User Says Thank You to AbhiLP For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lokenok
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 110

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiLP View Post
I think it's not messed up completely. You should take it to service center ASAP instead of guessing what happened to it.
thank you . i have been thinking about that. but the liquid indicator on the phone is red. will they still check for me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodian View Post
Why do people care so much about benchmark scores? Does it really matter? The only test that should matter is your eyeball.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Current - Nexus 4
Devices - HTC Wildfire , Xperia Ray , Note 2 , S3
[Join dropbox for easy cloud storage! http://db.tt/26BGYBRn click the link to get 500mb xtra space for you and me!!

AbhiLP
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by lokenok View Post
thank you . i have been thinking about that. but the liquid indicator on the phone is red. will they still check for me?
I think they'll check it for you, so don't worry.
** There are no shortcuts to any place worth going **
The Following User Says Thank You to AbhiLP For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sp_Ark
Old
Thanks Meter 40
You probably just need a new battery. Everything else should be working fine. Best thing to do is take everything apart and clean them with isopropyl alcohol, then let them dry, buy a new battery and you ll have a working phone again. Sometimes some other components might have problems, like camera or mic/speakers, which are all cheap as spare parts. Plenty of videos on YouTube on how to fix water damage.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Sp_Ark For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Oxious119
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Its usually just the battery dying. I dropped my HTC desire in the toilet once, just the battery had to be replaced after drying it all.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Oxious119 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Rembi
Old
Thanks Meter 21
You tried to run the phone on a different charger? For me, the incompetent OC it helped.

Wysłane z Nexus 4 przy użyciu Tapatalk.