Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Phone fell 3 and half floors onto solid concrete

OP 1Chef

21st January 2014, 09:38 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 241
 
738 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Its almost completely fine, there is a tiny scuff on one corner (amazingly) anyway I was just asking in case there's anything I should worry about. The phone appears to be OK and has been used since then and is typing this, but I'm worried about any damage happening inside the phone or any damage to the battery. Will my phone be OK? Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
21st January 2014, 09:51 AM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Chef

Its almost completely fine, there is a tiny scuff on one corner (amazingly) anyway I was just asking in case there's anything I should worry about. The phone appears to be OK and has been used since then and is typing this, but I'm worried about any damage happening inside the phone or any damage to the battery. Will my phone be OK? Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

It's pure luck that your phone survived such fall. I think you should bring it to store and check.
The Following User Says Thank You to fuzzyAI For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st January 2014, 09:52 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 241
 
738 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyAI

It's pure luck that your phone survived such fall. I think you should bring it to store and check.

Pure luck and a case. What store do you mean? I have bought the phone from Google play and am not in any form of contract.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
21st January 2014, 10:10 AM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Chef

Pure luck and a case. What store do you mean? I have bought the phone from Google play and am not in any form of contract.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Any local store that has the expertise.
I live in a country with lots of local store that can fix, replace broken phones so that might not apply to your case sadly
The Following User Says Thank You to fuzzyAI For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st January 2014, 10:26 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 241
 
738 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyAI

Any local store that has the expertise.
I live in a country with lots of local store that can fix, replace broken phones so that might not apply to your case sadly

I'm currently a uni student in aber wales. Its a very small town with not much here plus I have very little spare money. I think I'll have to wait till I go home where there are as you say lots of phone fixing stores.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
21st January 2014, 10:58 AM   |  #6  
hp420's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag NY
Thanks Meter: 888
 
1,790 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Chef

Pure luck and a case.

What case are you using?
21st January 2014, 11:09 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 241
 
738 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by hp420

What case are you using?

The ringke fusion case. I have no idea how it managed to save the phone as it isn't particularly big or bulky, but it did .

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1Chef For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st January 2014, 04:23 PM   |  #8  
badboy47's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 835
 
1,606 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
Donate to Me
To save it from scuffs just get a case for it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Chef

The ringke fusion case. I have no idea how it managed to save the phone as it isn't particularly big or bulky, but it did .

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Same here. I mistakenly dropped my phone couple times but surprising it survived. Best case I ever purchase.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
21st January 2014, 04:44 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 241
 
738 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy47

To save it from scuffs just get a case for it.

Same here. I mistakenly dropped my phone a couple times but surprisingly it survived. Best case I ever purchased.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Well there's saving it from scuffs...and what i did to it.
Anyway I think the phone is completely fine, I fully charged it last night and have had the great battery life I normally get today. Everything working fine .

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
21st January 2014, 06:18 PM   |  #10  
bladebuddy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 123
 
287 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Chef

Well there's saving it from scuffs...and what i did to it.
Anyway I think the phone is completely fine, I fully charged it last night and have had the great battery life I normally get today. Everything working fine .

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Reminds me of the time I was out on my mountain biking and got cold hands so pulled my gloves out , at the same time my phone also came out.
Hit the concrete did at least 30 flips and slid across the floor 10 to 20 feet.
I walked over to it expecting the worst. There wasn't a single scratch on it . The case had stood up proudly.( cheap one )
Then I read on this forum that folks have smashed the back glass just by putting it in there jeans pocket.
Seems like some devices maybe have a better build quality then others.
We must be the lucky ones.
Also from the U.K maybe they ship better phones here . Ha ha

Phone : Nexus 4 /Rom : cataclysm / Kernel : Stock.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes