Phone turns off by itself

Tip us?

skwo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Phone turns off by itself

Hi there.

I'm having an issue with my Nexus 4, Android 4.4, clean, not modded, no custom roms, no root.

There are two issues:
1. When the phone is charging at night, sometimes the phone turns off. To turn it on I need to press power+volume down, then recovery screen appears and I press the power to power the phone on.
2. When idle (at a desk, not used) the phone turns it self off. To turn it on I need to press power+volume down, hold it, connect to charger, red led starts flashing, battery icon appears and then the phone boots.

In both cases the phone have battery (usually is even more than 50%). My phone wears bumper.

Any help please! I already came late few times to work because of this

SMillerNL
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 962

DONATE TO ME
Would you be able to make a logcat of these situations?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

"I actually don't want any Thanks. I don't need to be Thanked, because I just want to make XDA a better place..."
http://team-fun.eu

skwo
Old
(Last edited by skwo; 30th December 2013 at 09:54 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMillerNL View Post
Would you be able to make a logcat of these situations?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
I'd like to, but I don't know how. I tired aLogcat but it shows very few data. Catlog requires root.

[EDIT]
Ok I got the logcat with adb, but it starts the moment after the phone booted (on went off today at night). How I can save the logs prior to reboot?

bartek06
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by skwo View Post
I'd like to, but I don't know how. I tired aLogcat but it shows very few data. Catlog requires root.

[EDIT]
Ok I got the logcat with adb, but it starts the moment after the phone booted (on went off today at night). How I can save the logs prior to reboot?
First case. Install wake my droid (avaliable in gp). It helped me when my nexus turned off during the night.