FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

[Q] Why is my phone not rooting?

60 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By Kaitlyn2004, Member on 17th August 2014, 07:18 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
So I thought I followed all steps properly and eventually got to this:

C:\adt-bundle-windows\sdk\platform-tools>fastboot flash recovery C:\android\recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.2.3-mako.img
sending 'recovery' (7808 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.264s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [ 0.451s]
finished. total time: 0.717s

then I go back to system reboot, yes - fix recovery flash... it reboots, and I'm NOT rooted. The SU app is in the app drawer but it says the binary isn't installed and the root checker app says it isn't rooted too.

What am I missing?
 
 
17th August 2014, 07:29 AM |#2  
Planterz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tucson, AZ
Thanks Meter: 647
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitlyn2004

So I thought I followed all steps properly and eventually got to this:

C:\adt-bundle-windows\sdk\platform-tools>fastboot flash recovery C:\android\recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.2.3-mako.img
sending 'recovery' (7808 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.264s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [ 0.451s]
finished. total time: 0.717s

then I go back to system reboot, yes - fix recovery flash... it reboots, and I'm NOT rooted. The SU app is in the app drawer but it says the binary isn't installed and the root checker app says it isn't rooted too.

What am I missing?

Just use Towelroot. So easy. Install SuperSU, run Towelroot, load SuperSU and you should be good.
17th August 2014, 06:00 PM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitlyn2004

So I thought I followed all steps properly and eventually got to this:

C:\adt-bundle-windows\sdk\platform-tools>fastboot flash recovery C:\android\recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.2.3-mako.img
sending 'recovery' (7808 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.264s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [ 0.451s]
finished. total time: 0.717s

then I go back to system reboot, yes - fix recovery flash... it reboots, and I'm NOT rooted. The SU app is in the app drawer but it says the binary isn't installed and the root checker app says it isn't rooted too.

What am I missing?

can you reply with all the steps you took? from the above it doesn't look like you flashed SU app in recovery.
17th August 2014, 07:31 PM |#4  
Drake97's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by metpage

can you reply with all the steps you took? from the above it doesn't look like you flashed SU app in recovery.

Try this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1766475
17th August 2014, 07:33 PM |#5  
jd1639's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 4,881
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake97

Try this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1766475

Tool kits kill kittens http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=47033852

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by jd1639; 17th August 2014 at 07:37 PM.
18th August 2014, 05:07 PM |#6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planterz

Just use Towelroot. So easy. Install SuperSU, run Towelroot, load SuperSU and you should be good.

Hmm weird - Towelroot does work on my phone but it gets completely reset upon reboot?
18th August 2014, 05:09 PM |#7  
jd1639's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 4,881
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitlyn2004

Hmm weird - Towelroot does work on my phone but it gets completely reset upon reboot?

Did you download the supersu app to your phone?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
18th August 2014, 05:10 PM |#8  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

Did you download the supersu app to your phone?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Yep - it was originally there when I first tried all the steps to root.. it got installed via the clockworkmod recovery tool/zip file
18th August 2014, 05:51 PM |#9  
simms22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 25,009
 
More
you have to flash the most recent supersu or it will not work because the binaries would be old. most recent being supersu version 2.02.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes