Photos remain in Camera folder after factory reset

OP attila123456

19th January 2014, 06:32 PM   |  #11  
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 726

1,519 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by attila123456

After reset the phone was started with a different (new) google account, so it's not a sync thing.
Based on replies in this thread, factory reset doesn't wipe personal data from the internal storage.

Just a correction. You are using stock recovery or custom? If it's the latter, then that's it. Custom recovery like cwm/twrp won't wipe your sdcard (a.k.a your internal sd card). But if you are using stock recovery, factory reset will wipe all of it including your sdcard partition. So if you are using stock recovery and still the data is there..well that's weird.
19th January 2014, 06:58 PM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7

13 posts
Hm. I did have twrp... So when I do a reset via the settings menu, it uses recovery to perform the actual reset? And then because I had twrp, the data partition wasn't wiped?
19th January 2014, 08:20 PM   |  #13  
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 726

1,519 posts
Quote:

Hm. I did have twrp... So when I do a reset via the settings menu, it uses recovery to perform the actual reset? And then because I had twrp, the data partition wasn't wiped?

Yeah because both twrp and cwm are set like that. Try factory reset using stock recovery and you'll see nothing left on your phone. Just like how you first bought it from store.
The Following User Says Thank You to arffrhn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th January 2014, 03:35 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 13

175 posts
Quote:

You can actually do complete wipe from custom recovery... You just have to manually select individual portions including sdcard...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread