PLEASE READ Nexus 4 stuck in a bootloop (softbricked)

OP hassan198

5th May 2014, 09:12 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
This is my first time posting a thread, so I'm very sorry if its in the wrong place.
I've had my Nexus 4 for over a year now and over the past 1-2 weeks it has kept on randomly rebooting and freezing, so I decided to install a custom rom on it (prior to this I had not modified my phone in any way), this was something which i've wanted to do for a long time.
The last time I installed a custom rom and rooted a phone was on the samsung galaxy ace around 2-3 years ago.
the first thing I did was backup the data which I needed. Then I turned on USB debugging and unlocked my bootloader and rooted my phone (my phone is running android 4.4.2) this all went without a hitch. I turned on my phone and superuser ( the version of superuser was chainfire's 0.99) was there. Then I downloaded Paranoid Android, it was the third one down in the mako section of paranoid android. Then I downloaded gapps.
I watched a tutorial on how to flash a rom via cwm but the tutorial forgot to mention making a backup, and me being a bit of a noob it didn't occur to me. When I was installing Paranoid android it said something like "no folder context" and then it said installation aborted ( I had done a factory reset,wiped dalvik cache and wiped cache) gapps installed perfectly but my phone was now in a bootloop. It would turn on and get to the Google logo, where it would stay for a few minutes and then turn off again and do the whole thing again or it would turn on and go straight to cwm.
then I read a tutorial on how to flash the stock rom and followed it word for word but that ended up unmounting my sd card.
Then I read this tutorial:http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...image-t2010312 and made sure I followed it word for word but at one point it said that there wasnt enough space but the installation still finished but did nothing, I tried again today with my phone in safe boot mode ( the one where you press volume down and power together) and it was all going fine until I got to step D.9 (fastboot flash system system.img) at this point my computer froze and cmd stopped working, I could not type anything into it even when my PC unfroze.
I tried this tutorial a number of times before and sometimes it would fail on some parts and keep going and on others it would fail and then say press any key to exit.
I hope I've provided enough information here and would be extremely grateful if someone would help me out as I really need my phone because I have exams coming up and i use my phone to plan my revision and to talk to people about the work etc. If anyone can help, please do, thank you very much for reading.
5th May 2014, 10:22 AM   |  #2  
Flag Heswall
Thanks Meter: 3

36 posts
More
Have a look at these to put the rom in the sdcard partition and then flash it by recovery
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1392310
http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...-mode-t1542980

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread