Power & Volume buttons are very difficult for Pressing, Solution ?

Search This thread

aymnahmd

Feb 25, 2012
Egypt
Hi,
I owe a Nexus 4 since Nov. 2013, purchased from Play Store.
I noticed that the buttons began to behave very weired recently.
The power and Volume Down buttons are tricky, and when pressed lightly as before they don't produce any response. I have to press them hard.
It started a week ago, and deteriorated very fast.

I use the phone with Ringke Fusion case from day 1, Which is water sealed and the buttons don't get any water. And didn't drop it.

It might be cheap material of the phone.

Now what is the solution ?
Are buttons covered under warranty ?
Should I use an alternative apps and Kernels (S2W, D2W)
or should I fix them at a local shop ?

Thanks very much.

popinterfaces

Jun 30, 2014
Paris
Same thing happened on the power button of my N4. Correctly working -> tricky -> doesn't work
If you are ok with it (risks, warranty lost, ...), you can try to fix it by yourself, as i did.

Remove the back cover (2 T5 Torx screws), then remove the black obtrusive plastic frame covering the motherboard (fixed by >10 screws)
Now you should be able to access the different buttons.
When removing the non/hardly working buttons, you should be able to see the connectors on the button (the ones making contact with the motherboard) more or less crooked. Just straighten them in order to make them touch correctly the motherboard during pression.

Hope this helps.

CCody

Apr 29, 2013
Same problem here. My buttons are very hard to push sometimes, but man...I am experience in computer hardware and stuff but I am somehow not confident enough to srew off my phone... :/