Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,569 Members 43,954 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Why can't I see previews of my pictures/ on my computer?

Tip us?

Chad_Petree
Old
(Last edited by Chad_Petree; 19th December 2012 at 11:19 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 163
Default Why can't I see previews of my pictures/ on my computer?

I don't get it when i plug my phone to my pc i cannot see previews of the pictures(thumbnails) , videos or files i have on my phone, i have to copy them first to the computer in order to be able to preview them , any solution for this? :/

clockcycle
Old
Thanks Meter 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad_Petree View Post
I don't get it when i plug my phone to my pc i cannot see previews of the pictures( i think they're called thumbs) , videos or files i have on my phone, i have to copy them first to the computer in order to be able to preview them , any solution for this? :/
I'm not sure but it could be a setting on your PC. I noticed this while offering pictures from an iphone4 yesterday as well. But I have preview and thumbnails turned off.
Disclaimer: The information contained herein is made for educational purposes only. If you decide to access linked third-party web sites or make use of said information, you do so at your own risk. The information may be changed without notice and is not guaranteed to be complete, correct, timely, current or up-to-date.

t3xboar
Old
Thanks Meter 18
yes clockcycle is right.

this is purely your pc, nothing to do with your phone. you need to enable the checkbox to preview photo's depending ony our version of windows. sometimes it's not enabled by default.

Chad_Petree
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by t3xboar View Post
yes clockcycle is right.

this is purely your pc, nothing to do with your phone. you need to enable the checkbox to preview photo's depending ony our version of windows. sometimes it's not enabled by default.

Previews are enabled , what my pc shows as thumbnails for my pictures is the logo of the windows gallery :/

Flynny75
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Reasonably sure its because of the MTP protocol, the N4 is not mounted like a normal USB stick

Chad_Petree
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynny75 View Post
Reasonably sure its because of the MTP protocol, the N4 is not mounted like a normal USB stick
Is there any workarounds for this?

Chad_Petree
Old
(Last edited by Chad_Petree; 19th December 2012 at 11:46 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynny75 View Post
Hmm there's big post about this issue on the phandroid forums, it seems its windows faul't , the window explorer doesn't show thumbnails in MTP mode, which is the only mode the nexus 4 connects to the pc since it has no sd card, so no solution AT ALL

I'm curious to see if on mac you can view the thumbnails , anyone here with a mac that can confirm it?

http://androidforums.com/samsung-gal...hat-gives.html

Chad_Petree
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 163
anyone?

heat361
Old
Thanks Meter 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad_Petree View Post
anyone?