5,595,428 Members 47,921 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Problem] Nexus 4 sound Issue(speaker).

Tip us?

moizsami
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 64
Default [Problem] Nexus 4 sound Issue(speaker).

Hey guys im in a big problem here, after few days of updating to kitkat, My dads mobile is having sound issues.

Its not working while:
-listening to any audio/video by speaker.
-Alarms.
-Hangouts video call.

but its working while:
- listening music by headphones
-If the phone rings.

As i said its my dad's phone so it isnt rooted or anything..completely stock. Please suggest me some good solutions here.

THanks.

moizsami
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 64
Please any help would be appreciated..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

kmmxracer
Old
Thanks Meter 63
I wish I could help but mine is doing the same thing. I'm on CM11 nightly though so I thought it might be that.

Any help out there?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

maulich
Old
Thanks Meter 123
Have you guys tried a full wipe with a factory reset? Also testing the device before bringing back any apps you have backed up? Sometimes you do a full wipe only to bring the problem back with a backup.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

milkchug2000
Old
Thanks Meter 0
My phone is having the same issue. I've rooted and installed many different ROMs. The last one I tried called Beanstalk installed with all the sound working properly but on the first reboot, the problem came back. I tried wiping an re-installing but the problem is still there, so it seems to be the luck of the draw. There is an app called Soundabout which you can install to route the sound to the speakers, but you would then have to go into the app to route the sound back to the headphones when you need. Very strange. I've seen many posts on different boards of people with the same issue but no true fix. I need to find a good android developer who knows the code well that could probably figure this out...but who that man could be I just don't know...
Are you still facing the problem?