[Q] Problem(s) with Nexus 4. Very frustrated

Tip us?

yarinein
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Problem(s) with Nexus 4. Very frustrated

Hello everyone,
I am an owner of an LG Nexus 4 for a few months now.
The device worked well for the first few months, than one day I dropped it and the screen shattered
The touch sensors stopped working, although the LCD display didn't,
So I had the screen replaced and everything went back to normal.
Then, after the 4.3 update I think, I started having problems with the mobile connections, it died all of a sudden and didn't came back, and the device went off, and when I turned it back on, the battery indicator showed a lower percentage than before, than the device went off again.
Mostly, after the first shutdown the device wouldnt come back unless i charged it.
I also had the battery changed because it turnes out it got inflated (turnes out that happens), and it didn't help either.
I thought the 4.4 update will help, but it didn't.
What could the problem be? Is it hardware or software?
As the title says, I'm very frustrated. It could be from the hit he got when the glass broke, some interior parts could have got hurt,
Or from when the battery inflated.
or that I just got a crappy device in the first place, who knows.
Thank you and sorry for the long post.
Yours,
Yarin.

stevemw
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarinein View Post
Hello everyone,
I am an owner of an LG Nexus 4 for a few months now.
The device worked well for the first few months, than one day I dropped it and the screen shattered
The touch sensors stopped working, although the LCD display didn't,
So I had the screen replaced and everything went back to normal.
Then, after the 4.3 update I think, I started having problems with the mobile connections, it died all of a sudden and didn't came back, and the device went off, and when I turned it back on, the battery indicator showed a lower percentage than before, than the device went off again.
Mostly, after the first shutdown the device wouldnt come back unless i charged it.
I also had the battery changed because it turnes out it got inflated (turnes out that happens), and it didn't help either.
I thought the 4.4 update will help, but it didn't.
What could the problem be? Is it hardware or software?
As the title says, I'm very frustrated. It could be from the hit he got when the glass broke, some interior parts could have got hurt,
Or from when the battery inflated.
or that I just got a crappy device in the first place, who knows.
Thank you and sorry for the long post.
Yours,
Yarin.
Who replaced the screen? LG?
Qualcomm QPC-800 (1997), Motorola v60 (2003), hp iPaq 3600, 3800, 3970, hx4700 (2000-2006), Motorola RAZR (2005), Samsung X820 (2006), T-Mobile Dash [htc S620] (2007), Nokia E71x (2009), Nokia N900 (2010), Motorola Atrix 4G (2011), Google Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4 (2012), Nexus 5, Nexus 7 FHD (2013)

yarinein
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemw View Post
Who replaced the screen? LG?
No. I had it replaced in a store.

stevemw
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarinein View Post
No. I had it replaced in a store.
More than likely the repair was not completed properly. I'd take it back and have them look the device over -- maybe there are some connections that were loosened.
Qualcomm QPC-800 (1997), Motorola v60 (2003), hp iPaq 3600, 3800, 3970, hx4700 (2000-2006), Motorola RAZR (2005), Samsung X820 (2006), T-Mobile Dash [htc S620] (2007), Nokia E71x (2009), Nokia N900 (2010), Motorola Atrix 4G (2011), Google Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4 (2012), Nexus 5, Nexus 7 FHD (2013)
The Following User Says Thank You to stevemw For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

yarinein
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemw View Post
More than likely the repair was not completed properly. I'd take it back and have them look the device over -- maybe there are some connections that were loosened.
Thank you very much