Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,261 Members 37,928 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Problems with Tethering

Tip us?
 
ShockBuddy
Old
#1  
ShockBuddy's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 87
Posts: 156
Join Date: Jul 2012
Default Problems with Tethering

Hi xda-community,

I've got a Problem with USB Tethering with the Nexus 4:
Tethering itself works, but my PC is running so slow, taskbar is unusable.
Can someone Help? Im Clueless.

System:
Windows 8.1 Update 1
Intel i5
Nvidia GeForce GT240
12GB Ram

Smartphone:
Nexus 4 (mako) unbranded.
BL unlocked, Rooted.
Rom: Cyanogenmod CM11 (Latest Nightlies, but Problem is also on M6)
 
ShockBuddy
Old
#2  
ShockBuddy's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 87
Posts: 156
Join Date: Jul 2012
#push
 
Marvlesz
Old
#3  
Marvlesz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 740
Posts: 2,300
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Saudi Arabia
That's strange. Why would your tethering affect PC performance? Is it only when tethering or is it whenever your device is connected?

Does it happen on other computers or is it just that one? ..
Do you have a question about the HD2 ? Ask it here for an instant response.

OnePlus One: Carbon 4.4 with Franco kernel.
 
arvindgr
Old
#4  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 47
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Ranipet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockBuddy View Post
Hi xda-community,

I've got a Problem with USB Tethering with the Nexus 4:
Tethering itself works, but my PC is running so slow, taskbar is unusable.
Can someone Help? Im Clueless.

System:
Windows 8.1 Update 1
Intel i5
Nvidia GeForce GT240
12GB Ram

Smartphone:
Nexus 4 (mako) unbranded.
BL unlocked, Rooted.
Rom: Cyanogenmod CM11 (Latest Nightlies, but Problem is also on M6)
Probably like many and me, you too could make activated Windows 8.1 through a TAP Driver activator. I don't why the very same thing occur to me, with multiple 8.1 PCs and tethering phone combos. Everything that works fine in Windows 7 and 8 messes in 8.1. As you said I too face extremely irresponsive Taskbar particularly the Wi-Fi Network selecting sidebar that doent even popup when USB Tether is done. A sec I disconnect everything happens one by one immediately. I can't even diagnosis the IP of connection due to this lag despite its extreme slow..
 
ShockBuddy
Old
#5  
ShockBuddy's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 87
Posts: 156
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by arvindgr View Post
Probably like many and me, you too could make activated Windows 8.1 through a TAP Driver activator. I don't why the very same thing occur to me, with multiple 8.1 PCs and tethering phone combos. Everything that works fine in Windows 7 and 8 messes in 8.1. As you said I too face extremely irresponsive Taskbar particularly the Wi-Fi Network selecting sidebar that doent even popup when USB Tether is done. A sec I disconnect everything happens one by one immediately. I can't even diagnosis the IP of connection due to this lag despite its extreme slow..
I activated Windows 8.1 with a valid licence.
PC is only slow when tethering is ENABLED, not if i just
connect phone to computer.

I managed to get it working that way:
Pull out Lan-cable, but keep activated the Lan
Network adapter. Activate Tethering.
It just works fluid, dont know why.
 
arvindgr
Old
#6  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 47
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Ranipet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockBuddy View Post
I activated Windows 8.1 with a valid licence.
PC is only slow when tethering is ENABLED, not if i just
connect phone to computer.

I managed to get it working that way:
Pull out Lan-cable, but keep activated the Lan
Network adapter. Activate Tethering.
It just works fluid, dont know why.
Yes PC's Network and sharing center goes wild only with tethering and not with normal MTP or PTP connections. Plus I tried to Pull out Lan-cable and yet keep activated the Lan Network adapter. Nothing happen new, same lag occur. If possible, I'll post a video to denote what happens in my PC soon..
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Windows Developers Rejoice! Dev Program’s $99 Yearly Fee is No More!

Microsoft rule in the mobile market, much like the giant dinosaurs … more

Add the Xperia Z2 Lock Screen to Your Favorite KitKat ROM

Almost every OEM adds its own unique flair to their stock firmwares. While some of … more

Android App Review: Control Your Phone with Quick Control Panel – XDA Developer TV

Your Android smart device has many features that you … more

Play Music on Android Wear with Stellio Music Player

Android Wear smartwatchesare growing inpopularity every day. Some devices have already … more