Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,023 Members 42,210 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can I pull files from my phone in recovery using ADB?

Tip us?
 
harro3
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 111
Join Date: Feb 2011
Default Can I pull files from my phone in recovery using ADB?

I can't boot into Android because my phone has no ROM in it and I can't install a ROM because of /data partition problems. I can get into recovery fine.

So I want to pull all the files from my phone. Can I do this in recovery, using ADB? If so, what is the command?

Thanks!
 
zamzameir
Old
#2  
zamzameir's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 191
Posts: 278
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Kuala Lumpur

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by harro3 View Post
I can't boot into Android because my phone has no ROM in it and I can't install a ROM because of /data partition problems. I can get into recovery fine.

So I want to pull all the files from my phone. Can I do this in recovery, using ADB? If so, what is the command?

Thanks!
have you tried sideload a rom?

Hammerhead
Mako
Maguro

" Nexus ; lead the way "
 
harro3
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 111
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by zamzameir View Post
have you tried sideload a rom?
I doubt that would work, I've tried restoring backups and flashing roms already on my phone, but it doesn't work.
 
zamzameir
Old
#4  
zamzameir's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 191
Posts: 278
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Kuala Lumpur

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by harro3 View Post
I doubt that would work, I've tried restoring backups and flashing roms already on my phone, but it doesn't work.
just try first. who knows

Hammerhead
Mako
Maguro

" Nexus ; lead the way "
 
DrFredPhD
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 27
Posts: 248
Join Date: Oct 2010
If you have custom recovery you can pull your files using 'adb pull /sdcard/'
 
harro3
Old
#6  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 111
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFredPhD View Post
If you have custom recovery you can pull your files using 'adb pull /sdcard/'
Awesome, this worked, thanks!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

MaR-V-iN to Talk Google and Android APIs at XDA:DevCon 2014

Our international xda:devcon 14in Manchester, UK on the weekend of September … more

But First, Let Me Take a #Selfie

“Today while browsing XDA,I’m going tocheck to seeif my favorite ROM has been updated–but … more

Easily Combine Text and Manage Your Android Clipboard with StuffMerge

Android clipboard management has always been impractical without the … more