5,597,261 Members 38,803 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [q] after 3 hours,..Unlocked bootloader but continious failure in rooting

Tip us?

Alibambam
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] [q] after 3 hours,..Unlocked bootloader but continious failure in rooting

Hey,

I decided after a couple of months to finally root my Nexus 4. I followed a manual guide, I didn't want to use a toolkit because I'd figure I'd learn it the proper way. Anyhow, If I go to the bootloader it clearly says it's unlocked. As the guide told me I then went into the clockwerk recovery and installed SuperSu 1.89.

I then proceed to restart my Nexus 4 to then be told that by SuperSu that there are no binaries installed and thus has no root access. It has been driving me nuts and I have spend 3 hours troubleshooting with google searches and experimentation because I hate to just make a thread without researching myself first. what am I missing?

Thanks, a lot.

abaaaabbbb63
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alibambam View Post
Hey,

I decided after a couple of months to finally root my Nexus 4. I followed a manual guide, I didn't want to use a toolkit because I'd figure I'd learn it the proper way. Anyhow, If I go to the bootloader it clearly says it's unlocked. As the guide told me I then went into the clockwerk recovery and installed SuperSu 1.89.

I then proceed to restart my Nexus 4 to then be told that by SuperSu that there are no binaries installed and thus has no root access. It has been driving me nuts and I have spend 3 hours troubleshooting with google searches and experimentation because I hate to just make a thread without researching myself first. what am I missing?

Thanks, a lot.
If you flashed the correct Supersu zip, then it should have also installed binaries. Did you install the zip from Chainfire's site?

korockinout13
Old
Thanks Meter 519

DONATE TO ME
Try flashing it again. Sometimes it doesn't seem to stick.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Nexus 5 16GB on T-Mobile LTE: CM 11 + hells-core + TWRP || Nexus 7 2012 32GB: Stock 4.4 + Xposed + franco + TWRP
Nexus 4 (cracked )|AT&T Samsung Galaxy SII i777 (sold)|AT&T Samsung Galaxy S Captivate i897 (sold)

All in One Guide for Samsung i897 Captivate, i9000 Galaxy S
Get extra space on Copy or Dropbox with a new account!