No registration required

[Q] [q] after 3 hours,..Unlocked bootloader but continious failure in rooting

OP Alibambam

11th January 2014, 12:43 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hey,

I decided after a couple of months to finally root my Nexus 4. I followed a manual guide, I didn't want to use a toolkit because I'd figure I'd learn it the proper way. Anyhow, If I go to the bootloader it clearly says it's unlocked. As the guide told me I then went into the clockwerk recovery and installed SuperSu 1.89.

I then proceed to restart my Nexus 4 to then be told that by SuperSu that there are no binaries installed and thus has no root access. It has been driving me nuts and I have spend 3 hours troubleshooting with google searches and experimentation because I hate to just make a thread without researching myself first. what am I missing?

Thanks, a lot.
11th January 2014, 07:19 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Thanks Meter: 3,142

3,812 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alibambam

Hey,

I decided after a couple of months to finally root my Nexus 4. I followed a manual guide, I didn't want to use a toolkit because I'd figure I'd learn it the proper way. Anyhow, If I go to the bootloader it clearly says it's unlocked. As the guide told me I then went into the clockwerk recovery and installed SuperSu 1.89.

I then proceed to restart my Nexus 4 to then be told that by SuperSu that there are no binaries installed and thus has no root access. It has been driving me nuts and I have spend 3 hours troubleshooting with google searches and experimentation because I hate to just make a thread without researching myself first. what am I missing?

Thanks, a lot.

If you flashed the correct Supersu zip, then it should have also installed binaries. Did you install the zip from Chainfire's site?
11th January 2014, 06:34 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 532

2,025 posts
Donate to Me
More
Try flashing it again. Sometimes it doesn't seem to stick.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread