5,600,429 Members 32,994 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

(Q) what kernels are good for 4.4 and up?

Tip us?

gabriel31012
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default (Q) what kernels are good for 4.4 and up?

hey everyone I'm having some problems with 4.4 and finding a kernel that work's with this android version. I used faux123 kernel and the WiFi doesn't work. but I like faux123 because of the color screen and swype2wake. so if someone can help it'd be gladly appreciated

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

crozbomb
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabriel31012 View Post
hey everyone I'm having some problems with 4.4 and finding a kernel that work's with this android version. I used faux123 kernel and the WiFi doesn't work. but I like faux123 because of the color screen and swype2wake. so if someone can help it'd be gladly appreciated

matr1x kernel v12
The Following User Says Thank You to crozbomb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gabriel31012
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by crozbomb View Post
matr1x kernel v12
does that support swype2wake?

evdrmr
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Bricked is the only kernel. Not compatible with CM though. But who uses CM nowadays?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to evdrmr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

drbrainsol
Old
(Last edited by drbrainsol; 12th December 2013 at 09:27 AM.)
Thanks Meter 31
I.m using faux. It.s working great on 4.4.2. I used it on 4.4 as well... Did you update the radio?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to drbrainsol For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

saifulh2304
Old
Thanks Meter 13
i suggested that you try AK kernel. He got both for aosp and cm based. the latest one quite stable

The Following User Says Thank You to saifulh2304 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nexus_4_mafia
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Try Franco kernel...if that doest do( which is hardly possible) try something called pure kernel for 4.4.....1 of them will surely work...Franco worked for me...:thumbup:

The Following User Says Thank You to nexus_4_mafia For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

crozbomb
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabriel31012 View Post
does that support swype2wake?

yes

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus_4_mafia View Post
Try Franco kernel...if that doest do( which is hardly possible) try something called pure kernel for 4.4.....1 of them will surely work...Franco worked for me...:thumbup:

no, this is not what he asked for, franco kernel does not have swype2wake, just double tap to wake which is useless as it goes off in your pocket if your hand is in there as well.
I'm assuming op knows to use trickster mod to turn on the waking feature?.
The Following User Says Thank You to crozbomb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gabriel31012
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
I found the faux123 29 mainline kernel and it's good but thanks for your guys help

The Following User Says Thank You to gabriel31012 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]