Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,356 Members 38,789 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

(Q) Nexus 4 RMA

Tip us?

Johnsmith12345
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default (Q) Nexus 4 RMA

Hello,

I cracked my screen a few months ago and got it replaced at a third party store. However, it isn't one which is authorized by LG or Google. The phone now has an issue to do with the battery and I have been offered a replacement, with the condition that my phone is under warranty.

Would they notice the replaced screen and therefore reject the replacement request?

scream4cheese
Old
Thanks Meter 853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsmith12345 View Post
Hello,

I cracked my screen a few months ago and got it replaced at a third party store. However, it isn't one which is authorized by LG or Google. The phone now has an issue to do with the battery and I have been offered a replacement, with the condition that my phone is under warranty.

Would they notice the replaced screen and therefore reject the replacement request?
The warranty is void once you open up the phone.
My Devices

LG Nexus 5 16GB
HTC One M8 GPE 32GB
Asus Nexus 7 (2013) 16GB

DrFredPhD
Old
Thanks Meter 40
If the part is genuine and the repair shop was competent they won't be able to tell. Your battery issue now is quite likely the result of the screen repair as it is easy to damage the battery when replacing the screen. Maybe send it off and if they refuse it you can still change the battery at a shop/yourself