Search This thread

rirozizo

[SIZE=+3]This thread has been created strictly for
Questions & Troubleshooting
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

PacmanOP.jpg

[SIZE=+2]
This thread has been created for people to share issues, questions and help while using P.A.C True All in 1 ROM​
[/SIZE]

PAC ROM

PLEASE make sure to thank developer for the dedication to his ROM

Please do not clutter the Development thread with non development-related chatter

Last edited:

rirozizo

FAQ

All non-development related posts, should be posted in this thread. What are the most common Off Topic posts, that should be posted in this Q&A/T thread?
1. Battery life related posts
2. Will this app work with this ROM
3. SD Card related problems
4. How do I download and install this ROM, etc, etc

The Dev of the ROM and I have come to an agreement that these posts do not belong in the his development thread but in this Q&A/T thread for this ROM, therefore he placed a link to this thread in his OP post in which he refers to this thread. Really hope that you all will adapt to this new concept and by doing that you are also following the guidelines XDA created for posting in a Dev's thread.

Hope to have given you enough information and thanks in advance for your understanding and cooperation.

Q: How can I install this ROM?
1. Download rom ... Duh!
2. Put rom on SD card
3. Make sure you have latest Gapps on there too
4. Factory Wipe/Data Reset, Wipe Cache and Wipe Dalvik Cache
5. Flash Rom
5a. Some have suggested you have less issues if you let rom boot up before you flash Gapps... I'll leave that up to you
6. Flash Gapps
7. Some like to wipe cache again... If you normally do that, then do it
8. Reboot
9. Enjoy the Rom...

Q: I'm still getting the 3 menu dots in my apps, how do I turn it off?
A: Go to Settings -> Rom Control -> GeneralUI -> Show Menu UI overflow and turn it off

Q: I can't install APK's. Why can't I tap on the install button?
A: Disable Halo then try again. Android disables APK installs if an overlay is present as a security precaution.

Q: How to disable/enable Halo?
A: Swipe Halo to the right/left (Halo will be whole on the screen), then double click it (on second click hold it) and drag to "x" on the top. If you want to enable it again just press chat bubble icon on the top of your notification panel.

Q: How to disable/enable charging LED?
A: Go to "Settings" -> "Display" -> "Battery light" -> uncheck/check "Battery light".

Q: How to access Developer options?
A: Go to "Settings" -> "About phone" -> click on the "Build number" field about 7-8 times. You should see "No need, you already have enabled developement settings" text.

Q: How do I turn off colours on tiles in QuickSettings?
A: Settings >> System >> QuickSettings >> Quick Settings Style and turn off QS random colours

Last edited:

brad808

Oct 23, 2010
I've been avoiding asking this in the development thread but this seems like a good place.

Is there any way to have individual volume control on a per app basis?

For instance I'm playing music and using navigation, and the music is much louder than the navigation.

Sent from my Nexus 4

rirozizo

I know this is probably cm10.2 problem but why doesn't phone icon theme? Also....which HALFBREED kernel do I flash with this?? Thx

I prefer waiting for vertigo to answer this one :)

I've been avoiding asking this in the development thread but this seems like a good place.

Is there any way to have individual volume control on a per app basis?

For instance I'm playing music and using navigation, and the music is much louder than the navigation.

Sent from my Nexus 4

this sounds like a great idea! but i guess it's not possible to implement that at this time, since PAC is a mix of ROMs that none of them has that option.

-----------------------------
^this bar means im on phone

whittikins

Oct 12, 2011
I'm using the 4.3 Alpha 2 on my Nexus 4. Does anyone else's navbar overlap things such as the Recents menu (can't see entire bottom app/card) and in-app menus (Facebook app -- hit the menu button). I'm running Stock UI in hybrid settings. Navbar is set to 100% (normal size). Here are some screenshots. Thanks!

Facebook menu:
trw8.png

Recents:
7l5.png

vroomr

Jan 15, 2013
Does anyone else have messaging app "not responding message" with incoming text, or with an mms message it freezes every time you open a conversation that you have sent a picture in?

Also, it seems as if it doesn't force connect data for mms. Is there a way to change that?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

rirozizo

Does anyone else have messaging app "not responding message" with incoming text, or with an mms message it freezes every time you open a conversation that you have sent a picture in?

Also, it seems as if it doesn't force connect data for mms. Is there a way to change that?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

make a clean install: wipe everything and reflash the ROM, test it by sending an mms to yourself :)

-----------------------------
^this bar means im on phone

jrongi1

Jul 16, 2011
Greenville, SC
I'm using the 4.3 Alpha 2 on my Nexus 4. Does anyone else's navbar overlap things such as the Recents menu (can't see entire bottom app/card) and in-app menus (Facebook app -- hit the menu button). I'm running Stock UI in hybrid settings. Navbar is set to 100% (normal size). Here are some screenshots. Thanks!

Facebook menu:
trw8.png

Recents:
7l5.png

Yes I am still on alpha 1 and nav is @50%
It's not on much but is there on a few things.

Nexus⁴ PAC 360° Productions

haziq619

Jun 14, 2013
download link confusion

on the last post where vertigo posted for the download link to pac 4.3 alpha build 2.

however i got directed to pac 4.3 alpha build 0.

is that normal or anything? :confused:

Ztones

Aug 12, 2013
New York
Bluetooth / wifi issues

I am running the 4.2.2 v23 ROM. I know that the Nexus 4 is known to have wifi/bluetooth issues. Namely for me, the issue was that the bluetooth would cut out randomly when WIFI was turned on. However, on stock 4.2.2, I was able to solve that by going into the advanced menu of WIFI and using 5 gHz only. Bluetooth worked flawlessly then. However, on the Pacman Rom, bluetooth cuts out even on 5gHz WIFI. Anyone else noticed that? What is the solution :confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SIZE=+3]This thread has been created strictly for
    Questions & Troubleshooting
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

PacmanOP.jpg

[SIZE=+2]
    This thread has been created for people to share issues, questions and help while using P.A.C True All in 1 ROM​
    [/SIZE]

PAC ROM

PLEASE make sure to thank developer for the dedication to his ROM

Please do not clutter the Development thread with non development-related chatter
    FAQ

All non-development related posts, should be posted in this thread. What are the most common Off Topic posts, that should be posted in this Q&A/T thread?
    1. Battery life related posts
    2. Will this app work with this ROM
    3. SD Card related problems
    4. How do I download and install this ROM, etc, etc

The Dev of the ROM and I have come to an agreement that these posts do not belong in the his development thread but in this Q&A/T thread for this ROM, therefore he placed a link to this thread in his OP post in which he refers to this thread. Really hope that you all will adapt to this new concept and by doing that you are also following the guidelines XDA created for posting in a Dev's thread.

Hope to have given you enough information and thanks in advance for your understanding and cooperation.

Q: How can I install this ROM?
    1. Download rom ... Duh!
    2. Put rom on SD card
    3. Make sure you have latest Gapps on there too
    4. Factory Wipe/Data Reset, Wipe Cache and Wipe Dalvik Cache
    5. Flash Rom
    5a. Some have suggested you have less issues if you let rom boot up before you flash Gapps... I'll leave that up to you
    6. Flash Gapps
    7. Some like to wipe cache again... If you normally do that, then do it
    8. Reboot
    9. Enjoy the Rom...

Q: I'm still getting the 3 menu dots in my apps, how do I turn it off?
    A: Go to Settings -> Rom Control -> GeneralUI -> Show Menu UI overflow and turn it off

Q: I can't install APK's. Why can't I tap on the install button?
    A: Disable Halo then try again. Android disables APK installs if an overlay is present as a security precaution.

Q: How to disable/enable Halo?
    A: Swipe Halo to the right/left (Halo will be whole on the screen), then double click it (on second click hold it) and drag to "x" on the top. If you want to enable it again just press chat bubble icon on the top of your notification panel.

Q: How to disable/enable charging LED?
    A: Go to "Settings" -> "Display" -> "Battery light" -> uncheck/check "Battery light".

Q: How to access Developer options?
    A: Go to "Settings" -> "About phone" -> click on the "Build number" field about 7-8 times. You should see "No need, you already have enabled developement settings" text.

Q: How do I turn off colours on tiles in QuickSettings?
    A: Settings >> System >> QuickSettings >> Quick Settings Style and turn off QS random colours
    Thanks for this will link to this in OP
    Do we have theme chooser in 4.3 rom?

Yes and it works quite well. But there are a few things that have not been updated in the themes.

Nexus⁴ PAC 360° Productions
    on the last post where vertigo posted for the download link to pac 4.3 alpha build 2.

however i got directed to pac 4.3 alpha build 0.

is that normal or anything? :confused:

It's fine, apparently the build 0 bit is the big number, which they only change on release. Alpha 2 is build 0 with date 20130810, i.e. this one:
    http://d-h.st/mwr