Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Bump! Workaround for the LG G3 Locked Bootloader – XDA TV

The LG G3 is a power house device. It’s been a favorite of many people. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] question virtual key

OP sam150580

9th May 2014, 01:00 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

37 posts
Hi all I would like to buy a used nexus 4 of 10.10.2013, at the price of 150 euro European warranty, I just doubt the seller declares that the virtual keys on the phone do not work and everything else works before you buy i surely you'll see the phone, so i wanted to know, there is pssibilitą or a way to figure out if the problem is with the virtual keys or the screen without first changing rom or restore the phone, that is immediate??
You can remove the virtual keys to use the cell with the only home to see if the part of the screen where the buttons are working?

Sorry for my bad english,i use google translate
9th May 2014, 01:53 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 52

321 posts
Download the app "phone tester". It has a function called " multi-touch test". You can just move your finger over the whole screen to check for any blank spots.

Does the phone come completely stock? Because sometimes s2w and d2w cause problems like this.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Oxious119 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th May 2014, 02:48 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

37 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxious119

Download the app "phone tester". It has a function called " multi-touch test". You can just move your finger over the whole screen to check for any blank spots.

Does the phone come completely stock? Because sometimes s2w and d2w cause problems like this.

If your phone has a custom kernel, you can activate and s2w d2w, if your phone has the stock kernel that is not possible. If your phone there are s2w and d2w with phone The application tester will give error in the area of soft keys when you head to the screen?
9th May 2014, 02:55 PM   |  #4  

321 posts
The app I mentioned is just to see if and where there are blank spots.

I've made the experience that d2w after sometimes makes the left and right side of the screen unresponsive. Others might have made other observations.

9th May 2014, 03:27 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

37 posts
tanks before I buy it I'll try the screen with the program who advised me
9th May 2014, 10:51 PM   |  #6  
OP Member

37 posts
I picked up the phone, the touch works all the rom and the kernel are original, as I solve the problem of virtual keys??
9th May 2014, 11:09 PM   |  #7  

321 posts
Does touch input work on the complete screen? There's a button on top to make the touch test run in full screen so you can test all borders and edges. If it does I guess flashing a complete stock image should solve the issues.

9th May 2014, 11:32 PM   |  #8  
OP Member

37 posts
It works all the touch screen, the problem is that the keys back - home - menu, they do not work it vertically horizontally into the side of the phone where they are placed, they only work if I turn the phone and I get them to appear in the side where you is the camera.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread