5,593,876 Members 46,923 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Random shut downs and battery drops. Battery problem?

Tip us?

BlackIce21
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Random shut downs and battery drops. Battery problem?

I've been facing these problems for over a week now and it's extremely frustrating. I get these random shutdowns when I'm just opening an app or using my phone longer than a certain amount of time. The phone will have 100% charge in the morning then shuts down and if I try restarting the Google splash screen shows up and shuts down again. Then the battery level will be at 70% and the whole thing happens again till I have no charge.

So when 4.4 came out I thought I'd update and these problems will go away and they didn't. Now the same thing happens I've done a data wipe/factory reset, cleared cache but still nothing. I thought some apps were causing problems so I uninstalled everything but still no use. I'm currently on stock 4.4 using the stock kernel. I was also on stock 4.2.1 when these problems started. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks.

Faeshaas
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Do you also have a bad network connection/sim locks? Then you should read this topic. It could be a faulty battery.
The Following User Says Thank You to Faeshaas For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BlackIce21
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faeshaas View Post
Do you also have a bad network connection/sim locks? Then you should read this topic. It could be a faulty battery.
Yeah my sim is deactivated but I think that's a sim problem. I spoke to my network provider to reactivate it tomorrow. Thanks for that thread I must've missed it somehow. Hopefully its just a battery problem so I can just get a replacement.