Recover soft bricked Nexus 4 using download mode

OP sumit25

1st September 2014, 06:58 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
My nexus 4 is bricked and it all started with a bootloop. Although I can get into recovery mode, it doesn't let me flash anything and throws flash write failed errors for everything. Also when I boot into twrp recovery I get unable to mount /data, /system, /recovery, /cache errors for every action I perform. Formatting the partition also throws same errors. I have tried everything from reflashing factory ROM to CW11 ROM. In all probability it appears that the file system/partition table is totally corrupt and flash is unwritable. When I do fastboot oem unlock, it successfully unlocks the bootloader only until the next restart. After restarting, it is again locked, another sign that flash is unwritable. Now my only hope left is the download mode...please tell me how I can recover my phone using download mode or is there any other way.

Its been 4 frustrating days trying to resurrect my phone, all in vain. Please help!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	download mode.png
Views:	25
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	2920906  
1st September 2014, 07:38 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,515

10,214 posts
It sounds like to me that your emmc is bad. Do you still have warranty? I highly doubt you'll be able to fix anything

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
1st September 2014, 07:44 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

It sounds like to me that your emmc is bad. Do you still have warranty? I highly doubt you'll be able to fix anything

No I don't have warranty, but I am trying the download mode using LGNPST outlined here http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...ck-n4-t2347060
Do you think it can work?
1st September 2014, 07:46 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,515

10,214 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumit25

No I don't have warranty, but I am trying the download mode using LGNPST outlined here http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...ck-n4-t2347060
Do you think it can work?

If anything can that will, but if your emmc is bad nothing is going to work.

7th September 2014, 04:34 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

If anything can that will, but if your emmc is bad nothing is going to work.

I sent it to the LG service center, they said it would require a motherboard replacement that will cost me probably more what the phone is worth right now. Is there anything that could be done to save my phone? Is the emmc replaceable?Also doesn't the fact that I can boot into fastboot, mean that the hardware is good. Isn't the bootloader stored on emmc?
Last edited by sumit25; 7th September 2014 at 04:38 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread