[Q] Reinstalling same rom issue

OP Blue.F150

24th June 2014, 06:43 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag AZ
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
Well, hello there! So I recently came across this issue with my Google Nexus 4 and I am pretty sure it's a simple answer but I still want to double check before I screw this up. This is my first phone to actually root successfully, I am running an up to date version of purity rom, have a custom kernal to go with it,and on top of that I also have TWRP as my custom recovery. I recently bought the Nexus 5 and I want sell this one to one of my friends with the actual purity rom in the phone and dont know how to do a clean install without it having my personal data in it, should I factory data reset all the phone and reinstall the purity rom and gapps , or a friend of mine told me to just format the data and itll be fine. Like I said this is my first rooted phone and Im basically new to this. My friend wants the phone rooted with purity and I want to give him a like new experience to the phone. Also to start from the very beginning of the rom, like signing in to the google accounts and what not (like a new phone or like the very first time when you install a custom rom). Rather than just making it complicated for myself, I want to ask you, the experts. How would you solve this issue? And also what would be the best option for this problem that I am having? I just want to thank you guys in advance for not only your time and patience, but also for the future advice that you're giving me.
24th June 2014, 07:41 AM   |  #2  
Flag Cleveland Ohio - San Diego Ca
Thanks Meter: 230

1,025 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue.F150

Well, hello there! So I recently came across this issue with my Google Nexus 4 and I am pretty sure it's a simple answer but I still want to double check before I screw this up. This is my first phone to actually root successfully, I am running an up to date version of purity rom, have a custom kernal to go with it,and on top of that I also have TWRP as my custom recovery. I recently bought the Nexus 5 and I want sell this one to one of my friends with the actual purity rom in the phone and dont know how to do a clean install without it having my personal data in it, should I factory data reset all the phone and reinstall the purity rom and gapps , or a friend of mine told me to just format the data and itll be fine. Like I said this is my first rooted phone and Im basically new to this. My friend wants the phone rooted with purity and I want to give him a like new experience to the phone. Also to start from the very beginning of the rom, like signing in to the google accounts and what not (like a new phone or like the very first time when you install a custom rom). Rather than just making it complicated for myself, I want to ask you, the experts. How would you solve this issue? And also what would be the best option for this problem that I am having? I just want to thank you guys in advance for not only your time and patience, but also for the future advice that you're giving me.

Boot into recovery
Wipe System, Data, Cache and Dalvik Cache
Flash Rom and Gapps.

That should do it.

Sent with my Nexus® 10 minus 3
The Following User Says Thank You to Berrydroidcafe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th June 2014, 09:17 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag AZ
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berrydroidcafe

Boot into recovery
Wipe System, Data, Cache and Dalvik Cache
Flash Rom and Gapps.

That should do it.