Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,274 Members 46,272 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Reinstalling same rom issue

Tip us?

Blue.F150
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] Reinstalling same rom issue

Well, hello there! So I recently came across this issue with my Google Nexus 4 and I am pretty sure it's a simple answer but I still want to double check before I screw this up. This is my first phone to actually root successfully, I am running an up to date version of purity rom, have a custom kernal to go with it,and on top of that I also have TWRP as my custom recovery. I recently bought the Nexus 5 and I want sell this one to one of my friends with the actual purity rom in the phone and dont know how to do a clean install without it having my personal data in it, should I factory data reset all the phone and reinstall the purity rom and gapps , or a friend of mine told me to just format the data and itll be fine. Like I said this is my first rooted phone and Im basically new to this. My friend wants the phone rooted with purity and I want to give him a like new experience to the phone. Also to start from the very beginning of the rom, like signing in to the google accounts and what not (like a new phone or like the very first time when you install a custom rom). Rather than just making it complicated for myself, I want to ask you, the experts. How would you solve this issue? And also what would be the best option for this problem that I am having? I just want to thank you guys in advance for not only your time and patience, but also for the future advice that you're giving me.

Berrydroidcafe
Old
Thanks Meter 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue.F150 View Post
Well, hello there! So I recently came across this issue with my Google Nexus 4 and I am pretty sure it's a simple answer but I still want to double check before I screw this up. This is my first phone to actually root successfully, I am running an up to date version of purity rom, have a custom kernal to go with it,and on top of that I also have TWRP as my custom recovery. I recently bought the Nexus 5 and I want sell this one to one of my friends with the actual purity rom in the phone and dont know how to do a clean install without it having my personal data in it, should I factory data reset all the phone and reinstall the purity rom and gapps , or a friend of mine told me to just format the data and itll be fine. Like I said this is my first rooted phone and Im basically new to this. My friend wants the phone rooted with purity and I want to give him a like new experience to the phone. Also to start from the very beginning of the rom, like signing in to the google accounts and what not (like a new phone or like the very first time when you install a custom rom). Rather than just making it complicated for myself, I want to ask you, the experts. How would you solve this issue? And also what would be the best option for this problem that I am having? I just want to thank you guys in advance for not only your time and patience, but also for the future advice that you're giving me.
Boot into recovery
Wipe System, Data, Cache and Dalvik Cache
Flash Rom and Gapps.

That should do it.

Sent with my Nexus® 10 minus 3
Blackberry Bold 9780 OS 7
HTC G2 (Desire Z) 4.4.2
LG Nexus 4 4.4.2
Asus Nexus 7 (2013) 4.4.2

Don't forget to hit the Thanks button if I helped in any way!

The Following User Says Thank You to Berrydroidcafe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Blue.F150
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berrydroidcafe View Post
Boot into recovery
Wipe System, Data, Cache and Dalvik Cache
Flash Rom and Gapps.

That should do it.

Sent with my Nexus® 10 minus 3
Alright thanks!