Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,660 Members 54,593 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Repair problems: strange Android version installed

Tip us?

rr5678
Old
(Last edited by rr5678; 24th January 2013 at 10:31 PM.) Reason: Added a missing letter
Thanks Meter 226
WARNING: This is a debug ROM - do not mess with anything you don't know about as you can screw up your phone, and I am NOT responsible if any of that happens.

I repeat, use this at your own risk

Part 1: http://www.mediafire.com/?3q5o6c3wt86uj15
Part 2: http://www.mediafire.com/?aql3p3aaf3elh5f

Mediafire is a fast host, so there's no need for mirrors.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rr5678 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tutech
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by rr5678 View Post
WARNING: This is a debug ROM - do not mess with anything you don't know about as you can screw up your phone, and I am NOT responsible if any of that happens.

I repeat, use this at your own risk

Part 1: http://www.mediafire.com/?3q5o6c3wt86uj15
Part 2: http://www.mediafire.com/?aql3p3aaf3elh5f

Mediafire is a fast host, so there's no need for mirrors.
I looked in the zip file and did not see a radio.img in there. Was there one in the original dump?
Devices I own: G1, Nexus One, Vibrant, Xoom WiFi, Nexus 7 (1st Gen.), Nexus 4
Devices I do or have worked on: CDMA Hero, G-Tablet, G2, MyTouch 4G, G2X, HSPA+ Galaxy Nexus

efrant
Old
Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 8031

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [Q] Repair problems: strange Android version installed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutech View Post
I looked in the zip file and did not see a radio.img in there. Was there one in the original dump?
Yes, there was. Have a look in the radio thread in General. It's posted in there.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
At present, I am not readily available on the forums or via PM -- if you are in need of a moderator, please contact someone from this list.

I do NOT answer technical questions via PM. Post in a thread.

Google Nexus 5

XDA Forum Rules & Moderator List

WHAT MATTERS IS UNDERSTANDING THE JOURNEY...
The Following User Says Thank You to efrant For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rr5678
Old
Thanks Meter 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by tutech View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by efrant View Post
Yes, there was. Have a look in the radio thread in General. It's posted in there.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
I didn't include it for safety reasons. I'm all for experimental ROMs, but not experimental radios. Don't want any possibility of bricks.

dmeehl
Old
Thanks Meter 1
It looks like i got the same type of debug rom from LG the other day. I cannot get adb to see/list the device though. My wife's nexus4 and my galaxy nexus show up fine, but this device will not show. USB debugging is checked. Is the rom blocking it somehow? Is it locked somehow? What did the other users have to do to get adb to see the device? I'm running linux, btw.

efrant
Old
Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 8031

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmeehl View Post
It looks like i got the same type of debug rom from LG the other day. I cannot get adb to see/list the device though. My wife's nexus4 and my galaxy nexus show up fine, but this device will not show. USB debugging is checked. Is the rom blocking it somehow? Is it locked somehow? What did the other users have to do to get adb to see the device? I'm running linux, btw.
I'm not entirely sure, as I don't have that ROM flashed to my device. But, you can always boot CWM or TWRP, and use ADB via that. In other words:

Assuming your bootloader is unlocked, download CWM or TWRP to your PC, rename it to customrecovery.img, reboot your device into the bootloader and type: fastboot boot customrecovery.img (or if that doesn't work, try: fastboot -c "lge.kcal=0|0|0|x" boot customrecovery.img). Then you have full adb root access.
At present, I am not readily available on the forums or via PM -- if you are in need of a moderator, please contact someone from this list.

Google Nexus 5

dmeehl
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Assuming your bootloader is unlocked, download CWM or TWRP to your PC, rename it to customrecovery.img, reboot your device into the bootloader and type: fastboot boot customrecovery.img (or if that doesn't work, try: fastboot -c "lge.kcal=0|0|0|x" boot customrecovery.img). Then you have full adb root access.
I'm not home now, so I can't try those commands. I did try fastboot flash recovery recovery.img this morning and it just sat there saying waiting for device. Remember, adb devices and fastboot devices do not show the device at all... The only time I can get the device to show under adb devices is by booting into recovery mode and choosing the sideload option. And still, the device is not fully recognised (says ????????????) and fastboot devices shows nothing, even in that mode.

efrant
Old
Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 8031

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I'm not home now, so I can't try those commands. I did try fastboot flash recovery recovery.img this morning and it just sat there saying waiting for device. Remember, adb devices and fastboot devices do not show the device at all... The only time I can get the device to show under adb devices is by booting into recovery mode and choosing the sideload option. And still, the device is not fully recognised (says ????????????) and fastboot devices shows nothing, even in that mode.
Don't forget that ADB and fastboot are completely different and require a separate driver install. The command "fastboot devices" will NEVER show the device if you are not booted into the bootloader. If you ARE booted into the bootloader and "fastboot devices" does not show your device, then it's a driver issue. Which driver are you using?

Google Nexus 5

dmeehl
Old
(Last edited by dmeehl; 2nd October 2013 at 11:07 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
If you ARE booted into the bootloader and "fastboot devices" does not show your device, then it's a driver issue. Which driver are you using?
I honestly have no idea. I installed the android sdk. I'm running linux. I don't remember having to install a driver before...

Edit: Both of those fastboot commands you gave me just sit around saying waiting for device. I've tried while fully booted, sitting in the bootloader, and in recovery mode. Nothing seems to work.

efrant
Old
Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 8031

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I honestly have no idea. I installed the android sdk. I'm running linux. I don't remember having to install a driver before...
Sorry, I forgot that you are running linux. No driver necessary.

Google Nexus 5