Post Reply

Battery Low [Q] Nexus 4 Charging Slowly

OP gu200123

23rd June 2014, 06:08 PM   |  #1  
gu200123's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag São Paulo
Thanks Meter: 13
 
106 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Hi all,
I have a Nexus 4 phone for 6 months, and I love it. But yesterday i got something very very annoying. I almost cant charge my phone. I plug my N4 at wall, with original cable and charger, but after something like 30 seconds, it says I have usb connection, and doesnt charge. The temperature is ok, i already tried factory reset, but nothing works. I see that it doesnt charge even if device is shut down. I tried other cables, but the problem persists. I can connect it via USB, and I can access and modify files, but it slow charge, or even discharges.
I am afraid its a cell phone problem, because where I live, I dont have RMA service.

Thank you very much!

Prints: http://imgur.com/XJwf56z,G9ezJjr,oyP7wyQ
In chronological sequence, I posted three images of what happens. It says battery health is good.
23rd June 2014, 06:15 PM   |  #2  
zebandido's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Sintra
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
Donate to Me
More
If it's not cable fault maybe it's from the wall charger.
Can you try with other wall charger? i.e Samsung, LG, Asus...
23rd June 2014, 07:03 PM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
If you've installed a custom kernel you could try to enable the FastCharge hack.
23rd June 2014, 09:13 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Boston
Thanks Meter: 226
 
526 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gu200123

Hi all,
I have a Nexus 4 phone for 6 months, and I love it. But yesterday i got something very very annoying. I almost cant charge my phone. I plug my N4 at wall, with original cable and charger, but after something like 30 seconds, it says I have usb connection, and doesnt charge. The temperature is ok, i already tried factory reset, but nothing works. I see that it doesnt charge even if device is shut down. I tried other cables, but the problem persists. I can connect it via USB, and I can access and modify files, but it slow charge, or even discharges.
I am afraid its a cell phone problem, because where I live, I dont have RMA service.

Thank you very much!

Prints: http://imgur.com/XJwf56z,G9ezJjr,oyP7wyQ
In chronological sequence, I posted three images of what happens. It says battery health is good.

It's the cable! I had the same problem

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
23rd June 2014, 09:48 PM   |  #5  
gu200123's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag São Paulo
Thanks Meter: 13
 
106 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Ty all for answering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebandido

If it's not cable fault maybe it's from the wall charger.
Can you try with other wall charger? i.e Samsung, LG, Asus...

I tried a Samsung one, but it was 0,7A only, and was very very slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefrost

If you've installed a custom kernel you could try to enable the FastCharge hack.

Isnt FastCharge for USB 3.0 only?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDig

It's the cable! I had the same problem

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I tried a Samsung and a motorola cable, same thing :/
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
charger, slow, wall
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes