CREAKING/CLICKING SOUNDS on the LOWER LEFT CORNER

OP ugotproblemz

30th November 2012, 08:23 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 31

490 posts
More
So i was doing a final check before i go ahead and unlock bootloader and start flashing since unlocking voids your warranty with google.

upon inspections, i found out that when i PUSH on the lower left corner on the phone, it creaks PRETTY loudly, it almost sounded like im clicking on my mouse....

Anyone else got this!??!?!
30th November 2012, 08:25 PM   |  #2  
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 881

2,834 posts
More
look at the frame of your phone. mine wasn't flush where the chrome and rubber frames met, and had to rma it
30th November 2012, 08:33 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 31

490 posts
More
no, everything look uniform. Same color and all. it just clicks when i push out.

Also not when i plug in my charger and wiggle it a bit. it makes some noise....i know its not my charging cord cuz i use like 3 different ones.

Thanks,
30th November 2012, 09:10 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 125

361 posts
More
You can relock the bootloader that's a non issue. I have the creaking clicking sound too but on the left side above the volume rocker. I was going to exchange it but went to the T-Mobile store and the sales reps N4 and the display unit do the same thing. No unevenness in the bezel to case on any of them either. I decided there are worse problems in the world.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to kchino For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th November 2012, 09:11 PM   |  #5  
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 85

801 posts
Donate to Me
More
i dont have this issue, phone really feel solid!
30th November 2012, 09:14 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
Have the same thing on the left side of the USB port looks flush but I can push it in a little and it makes a noise doesn't seem to be doing any hard and it doesn't look off so I'm fine with it

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
30th November 2012, 11:04 PM   |  #7  
Long Island, NY
Thanks Meter: 250

1,422 posts
I have the same creaking in the bottom left corner, right below the speaker. It creaks if I squeeze the two ends of the glass, or if I squeeze the bezel in that area. I'm slightly nervous that this may contribute to the back glass cracking, but I think that's probably being overly paranoid. I actually ordered a torx T5 screwdriver to see if loosening and tightening the screw in that area makes a difference. I'll post back here once I get the screwdriver and try it out.
1st December 2012, 12:23 AM   |  #8  
Flag Jacksonville, FL
Thanks Meter: 244

1,154 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyijedi

I have the same creaking in the bottom left corner, right below the speaker. It creaks if I squeeze the two ends of the glass, or if I squeeze the bezel in that area. I'm slightly nervous that this may contribute to the back glass cracking, but I think that's probably being overly paranoid. I actually ordered a torx T5 screwdriver to see if loosening and tightening the screw in that area makes a difference. I'll post back here once I get the screwdriver and try it out.

Please do. I'm a sufferer as well and just thought a few minutes ago if tightening the screws could help. Because if that's all it is, then... BALLIN'.

But seriously, even if it doesn't help, I think I'll be able to live with it. I mean I don't normally squeeze the bottom of the phone like that.
1st December 2012, 12:38 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 8

70 posts
Patently waiting for a reply
1st December 2012, 02:18 AM   |  #10  
Long Island, NY
Thanks Meter: 250

1,422 posts
I should have the screwdriver by Wednesday, according to USPS. I will update everyone once I get it.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread