FORUMS

CREAKING/CLICKING SOUNDS on the LOWER LEFT CORNER

493 posts
Thanks Meter: 31

By ugotproblemz, Senior Member on 30th November 2012, 07:23 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
So i was doing a final check before i go ahead and unlock bootloader and start flashing since unlocking voids your warranty with google.

upon inspections, i found out that when i PUSH on the lower left corner on the phone, it creaks PRETTY loudly, it almost sounded like im clicking on my mouse....

Anyone else got this!??!?!

30th November 2012, 07:25 PM |#2  
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 881

More
look at the frame of your phone. mine wasn't flush where the chrome and rubber frames met, and had to rma it
30th November 2012, 07:33 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 31

More
no, everything look uniform. Same color and all. it just clicks when i push out.

Also not when i plug in my charger and wiggle it a bit. it makes some noise....i know its not my charging cord cuz i use like 3 different ones.

Thanks,
30th November 2012, 08:10 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 174

More
You can relock the bootloader that's a non issue. I have the creaking clicking sound too but on the left side above the volume rocker. I was going to exchange it but went to the T-Mobile store and the sales reps N4 and the display unit do the same thing. No unevenness in the bezel to case on any of them either. I decided there are worse problems in the world.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to kchino For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th November 2012, 08:11 PM |#5  
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 85

Donate to Me
More
i dont have this issue, phone really feel solid!
30th November 2012, 08:14 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Have the same thing on the left side of the USB port looks flush but I can push it in a little and it makes a noise doesn't seem to be doing any hard and it doesn't look off so I'm fine with it

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
30th November 2012, 10:04 PM |#7  
Long Island, NY
Thanks Meter: 252

More
I have the same creaking in the bottom left corner, right below the speaker. It creaks if I squeeze the two ends of the glass, or if I squeeze the bezel in that area. I'm slightly nervous that this may contribute to the back glass cracking, but I think that's probably being overly paranoid. I actually ordered a torx T5 screwdriver to see if loosening and tightening the screw in that area makes a difference. I'll post back here once I get the screwdriver and try it out.
30th November 2012, 11:23 PM |#8  
Flag Jacksonville, FL
Thanks Meter: 244

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyijedi

I have the same creaking in the bottom left corner, right below the speaker. It creaks if I squeeze the two ends of the glass, or if I squeeze the bezel in that area. I'm slightly nervous that this may contribute to the back glass cracking, but I think that's probably being overly paranoid. I actually ordered a torx T5 screwdriver to see if loosening and tightening the screw in that area makes a difference. I'll post back here once I get the screwdriver and try it out.

Please do. I'm a sufferer as well and just thought a few minutes ago if tightening the screws could help. Because if that's all it is, then... BALLIN'.

But seriously, even if it doesn't help, I think I'll be able to live with it. I mean I don't normally squeeze the bottom of the phone like that.
30th November 2012, 11:38 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Patently waiting for a reply
1st December 2012, 01:18 AM |#10  
Long Island, NY
Thanks Meter: 252

More
I should have the screwdriver by Wednesday, according to USPS. I will update everyone once I get it.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app
1st December 2012, 01:50 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyijedi

I should have the screwdriver by Wednesday, according to USPS. I will update everyone once I get it.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

I have tried the Torx screwdriver for this issue. It doesn't do anything. My first Nexus was really bad with this problem, picking it up would cause a creak...you could even push the bezel at the bottom left corner and it would feel "mushy", as there was some slight give. I got an RMA and the replacement unit arrived yesterday. Same issue, but not as bad as the first one...there's no give on the bezel, but squeezing that left corner can produce a creak. Looking at the teardown on iFixit, I don't see what would cause this other than glue from the back or pressure on the speaker unit.
The Following User Says Thank You to illmatic416 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread