12th August 2014, 09:33 PM   |  #11  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,533

10,243 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by laly76

Bought it on Ebay, about 3 weeks ago.
not sure about warranty and how do I approach about it.. Google? LG?

You'll probably have to go thru LG. I know a guy who's a guru at this type of thing on the n5. Maybe he can help on the n4 @bitdomo They're very similar devices

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
12th August 2014, 09:44 PM   |  #12  
Flag Göd
Thanks Meter: 686

1,126 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by laly76

Bought it on Ebay, about 3 weeks ago.
not sure about warranty and how do I approach about it.. Google? LG?

I only can speak warranty in the EU. It maybe different in the other parts of the world.

If the phone is originaly from google playstore you have to talk with google. If the phone does not come from google plastore originaly then you have to talk with LG. To take your phone to LG to repair your phone under warranty you will need the original receipt with the imei number printed on it from the store it was bought. Also keep in mind if the phone comes from GSM shop or then those GSM shops does not give you LG warranty just shop warranty which means that the phone have to be taken back to the original store with the original receipt. These stores sells phones only with 1 year warranty.

I forgot to mention, if the phone is from google playstore originaly then the warranty is only valid in that country's google playstore which the phone comes from.
Last edited by bitdomo; 12th August 2014 at 09:47 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to bitdomo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th August 2014, 09:45 PM   |  #13  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,533

10,243 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitdomo

I only can speak warranty in the EU. It maybe different in the other parts of the world.

If the phone is originaly from google playstore you have to talk with google. If the phone does not come from google plastore originaly then you have to talk with LG. To take your phone to LG to repair your phone under warranty you will need the original receipt with the imei number printed on it from the store it was bought. Also keep in mind if the phone comes from GSM shop or then those GSM shops does not give you LG warranty just shop warranty which means that the phone have to be taken back to the original store with the original receipt. These stores sells phones only with 1 year warranty.

Can you help him with the boot loop issue? He's flashed the factory image, fine a factory reset,etc

12th August 2014, 09:57 PM   |  #14  
Flag Göd
Thanks Meter: 686

1,126 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

Can you help him with the boot loop issue? He's flashed the factory image, fine a factory reset,etc

He could try this if he has patience and determination. This wipes everything and rebuilds the partitions.
The Following User Says Thank You to bitdomo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th August 2014, 08:21 PM   |  #15  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Update

Tried everything, no success, more over when I came back to try and work some more on the nexus 4 I noticed the screen was broken (haven't touched it the last 2 days...) finally gave up.

I got a full refund from the Ebay supplier
Still very disappointing, Ill chuck it all up to a faulty device
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread