Ask a question

No registration required

Restore fails: apps are there but no app data

OP RT Wolf

9th June 2014, 11:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
I made a nandroid backup using TWRP 2.7.0.0 of a CM11 M6 install. When I try to restore it, all the apps show up but there's no data for any of them. They all act as if it's the first time I've run them. Also, all my "Accounts" have disappeared so when it first boots, I've to log into Google & Cyanogenmod again. But system settings and wifi are all there.

What I've tried:
- Tried to update to TWRP 2.7.1.0 and restore again, but no joy.
- I tried to restore the backup I made before I updated to CM11 of a CM10.2 (I think) install and that fails with no error message while restoring /data.
- Restoring app data using Titanium Backup from a nandroid backup. It crashes halfway through, though.

What I'm going to try:
- Restoring again, wiping cache/dalvik, installing same rom + gapps over the restore.
- Restoring app data from the nandroid backup using Nandroid Manager.
- Restoring apps + data from my Titanium Backup backup from about a week ago. It's not up to date so I was hoping to avoid using it.

Any other ideas? What could be causing it?
Last edited by RT Wolf; 9th June 2014 at 11:56 PM.
10th June 2014, 12:38 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
It looks like this did the trick: - Restoring again, wiping cache/dalvik, installing same rom + gapps over the restore.

I got the advice from this xda thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2616143

Now I've to wait and see whether it's stable. Doing a TB backup now. I'll make an ADB one after this one, as well as another nandroid one, though I've had nothing but trouble with the last four-five nandroid backup/restores I've done.
Last edited by RT Wolf; 10th June 2014 at 01:25 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread