Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,274 Members 46,017 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Restoring apps/data with google

Tip us?

maritimesbob
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Default [Q] Restoring apps/data with google

Hello,

I just flashed the factory image of KitKat for my N4. Normally when I flash any kind of rom, once installed the phone kicks in and my apps begin to download thanks to google sync.

Unfortunately this time around it did not happen. Nothing downloaded apart from the pre-installed apps updated that come with the factory image.

Not sure why the apps never restored, does anyone know a way of forcing KitKat to download these apps?

I know I would be better off using Titanium Backup or something but I have always found the google sync method pretty reliable.
Bob

LG Nexus 4:: KitKat 4.4.2 stock factory rom, Xposed/Gravity Box
Samsung Tab 2 10.1:: CM10.1 official build rom
HTC One X +:: Insertcoin 4.1 Sense 5 rom (now retired from service!)

Berrydroidcafe
Old
Thanks Meter 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by maritimesbob View Post
Hello,

I just flashed the factory image of KitKat for my N4. Normally when I flash any kind of rom, once installed the phone kicks in and my apps begin to download thanks to google sync.

Unfortunately this time around it did not happen. Nothing downloaded apart from the pre-installed apps updated that come with the factory image.

Not sure why the apps never restored, does anyone know a way of forcing KitKat to download these apps?

I know I would be better off using Titanium Backup or something but I have always found the google sync method pretty reliable.
I'm assuming you turned on restore backups in settings?

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)
Blackberry Bold 9780 OS 7
HTC G2 (Desire Z) 4.4.2
LG Nexus 4 4.4.2
Asus Nexus 7 (2013) 4.4.2

Don't forget to hit the Thanks button if I helped in any way!