[Q] ROM or other method to disable HDCP?

Search This thread

wondroushippo

Dec 2, 2010
Would love to record/stream video of games from my Nexus 4, but the HDCP thing is a bit of a stumbling block. I've heard there are ROMs that could possibly offer an option to disable it, does anyone have any experience for themselves?

shermanpat

Nov 22, 2008
SLC-UT
I have been looking for the same thing for a while. I need it to not be a rom/root solution as we are using clients phones and can't do that.

We have found a dirty work around to get display. With some Dr HDMI EDID spoofer. then you go through a HDMI-VGA converter(that is discontinued and the newer style don't work) and we can get a display on non HDCP gear.

I would love to hear of another way to get it done.

wondroushippo

Dec 2, 2010
I have been looking for the same thing for a while. I need it to not be a rom/root solution as we are using clients phones and can't do that.

We have found a dirty work around to get display. With some Dr HDMI EDID spoofer. then you go through a HDMI-VGA converter(that is discontinued and the newer style don't work) and we can get a display on non HDCP gear.

I would love to hear of another way to get it done.

Try this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003UYOEMI/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1