Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,599 Members 35,939 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Root Help - Nexus 4

Tip us?

BenWilliams21
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question Root Help - Nexus 4

I know my Nexus is rooted, however, it was like this when I bought it. Are all roots the same or do I need to find out what one I have? If so, help!

Also, I want to unroot mine. There's apps I use quite heavily and since the device is rooted, it just won't let me :/

I moved over to this phone from my iPhone, but at the moment, with the likes of the mobile banking, I'm still having to carry the 2nd phone....

HELP?

Andre_Vitto
Old
Thanks Meter 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenWilliams21 View Post
I know my Nexus is rooted, however, it was like this when I bought it. Are all roots the same or do I need to find out what one I have? If so, help!

Also, I want to unroot mine. There's apps I use quite heavily and since the device is rooted, it just won't let me :/

I moved over to this phone from my iPhone, but at the moment, with the likes of the mobile banking, I'm still having to carry the 2nd phone....

HELP?
Stay with the iPhone or read stuff about root in this forum..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

arffrhn
Old
(Last edited by arffrhn; 19th January 2014 at 11:05 AM.)
Thanks Meter 721
I don't think you know what root is. Is your nexus a second hand nexus or you bought it from mobile store? If it's the latter than you don't get root permission out of the box. In addition, root access is simply a permission. No more, no less. It only gives you the permission to explore device partition which was not accessible before you are rooted. If you say you can't install apps because you are rooted then it just proved that you know nothing about root. I suggest you do a bit (I mean a lot) of reading. Btw, to unroot go into SuperSU apps and tap on full unroot or just flash back factory images (recommendable) so that you are back fully stock and have nothing to worry about anymore. Good luck.
Samsung Galaxy S Advance i9070 || ROM: HarshJelly || Kernel: Cocore

Google Nexus 4 || ROM: Mahdi-Rom || Kernel: hells-Core // AK POSEIDON series || Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0

Berrydroidcafe
Old
Thanks Meter 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenWilliams21 View Post

HELP?
Well, I'm going to be a little nicer to you.

You are correct in the assumption that the phone is rooted. Quite a few banking apps (and other non banking apps) will not run on a rooted device. There is an app on the play store that might be the solution to your problem. The name escapes me right now but will post when I can find it.

In the meantime check this out:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2018179

Sent from my Nexus 7 2013 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 AM ----------

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....rootcloakplus

Sent from my Nexus 7 2013 using Tapatalk
Blackberry Bold 9780 OS 7
HTC G2 (Desire Z) 4.4.2
LG Nexus 4 4.4.2
Asus Nexus 7 (2013) 4.4.2

Don't forget to hit the Thanks button if I helped in any way!