5,599,977 Members 45,329 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Root without recovery and pc?

Tip us?

rancatoco
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Default [Q] Root without recovery and pc?

Is there any way to root the kitkat without recovery and without plugging in the nexus pc?

A friend of mine got stuck in a rom without root and without recovery and without the ability to plug it into pc.

Thanks

bladebuddy
Old
Thanks Meter 88
No not really z4root e.t.c the use
T

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladebuddy View Post
T

Z for root and the other root apps don't work on the nexus and its a catch 22 situation as in to root without a p.c you would need a custom recovery which again you would need root to do without a p.c. .
Could he not pop into a internet cafe or library and do it quickly with a toolkit available on here.

The Following User Says Thank You to bladebuddy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rancatoco
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
T

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

Z for root and the other root apps don't work on the nexus and its a catch 22 situation as in to root without a p.c you would need a custom recovery which again you would need root to do without a p.c. .
Could he not pop into a internet cafe or library and do it quickly with a toolkit available on here.

In fact, the nexus connects him not more in any pc, have tried everything, even opened a thread here, the staff gave many tips, but none of them worked.

Now he's stuck in a rom with no connection to any pc without root and without recovery.

smilegsm
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rancatoco View Post
In fact, the nexus connects him not more in any pc, have tried everything, even opened a thread here, the staff gave many tips, but none of them worked.

Now he's stuck in a rom with no connection to any pc without root and without recovery.
i think it's not possible ........
The Following User Says Thank You to smilegsm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bladebuddy
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Are you saying the drivers are not working and he cannot connect to a p.c . If so that could probably be fixed quite easily.

rancatoco
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Are you saying the drivers are not working and he cannot connect to a p.c . If so that could probably be fixed quite easily.

Really tried everything to solve the problem of drivers and nothing worked, see this thread which i create in December:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2555431

Nothing worked. Very strange his problem

bladebuddy
Old
Thanks Meter 88
I would definitely try another USB lead as that's most likely the problem also try the USB ports on the rear onlf you're p.c as sometimes that can help. Apart from that it looks like you have tried everything I would suggest.
Good luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to bladebuddy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]