Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,939 Members 50,735 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] S.O. Nokia X aosp

Tip us?

mgonline
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Cool [Q] S.O. Nokia X aosp

Hi guys i have only a few question... Is there any developer that working on a rom porting for Nexus 4 of the Nokia X Aosp software?

Thank you for your Attention. Best Regards.

NABENDU1
Old
Thanks Meter 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgonline View Post
Hi guys i have only a few question... Is there any developer that working on a rom porting for Nexus 4 of the Nokia X Aosp software?

Thank you for your Attention. Best Regards.
Lol Nokia X Aosp !!

Its Nokia X OS Platform !! Aosp is a term for Andorid Open Source project but Nokia X Os is galaxies away from being a
Vanilla android !! Well realistically yes you could port the Nokia X Os to n4. But none of the devs would like to!! Its based on 4.1.2 and minimum well have to get it to work on 4.2( that's what N4 came with) facepalm !!

Next head to the android app and development section and youll find the many of Nokia X system apps for N4 so why you want anyone to port !
The Following User Says Thank You to NABENDU1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mgonline
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NABENDU1 View Post
Lol Nokia X Aosp !!

Its Nokia X OS Platform !! Aosp is a term for Andorid Open Source project but Nokia X Os is galaxies away from being a
Vanilla android !! Well realistically yes you could port the Nokia X Os to n4. But none of the devs would like to!! Its based on 4.1.2 and minimum well have to get it to work on 4.2( that's what N4 came with) facepalm !!

Next head to the android app and development section and youll find the many of Nokia X system apps for N4 so why you want anyone to port !
I know very well what is the term "Aosp" and, if you read information about Nokia X OS, you find out that the system is based on the Android 4.1.2 open source project.

Why I'm looking for this porting? Because I'm curious, as I have tried other operating systems like ubuntu touch or firefox, I'd like to try this too.

In any case, thank you very much for the tip. I will try, in the section that you have shown me, if there is available a launcher or other software from the Nokia X.
The Following User Says Thank You to mgonline For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dethrat
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgonline View Post
I know very well what is the term "Aosp" and, if you read information about Nokia X OS, you find out that the system is based on the Android 4.1.2 open source project.

Why I'm looking for this porting? Because I'm curious, as I have tried other operating systems like ubuntu touch or firefox, I'd like to try this too.

In any case, thank you very much for the tip. I will try, in the section that you have shown me, if there is available a launcher or other software from the Nokia X.
By your definition that makes anything based on android as AOSP

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2