Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,580 Members 40,833 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Screen is just... subpar

Tip us?

Tanmaynarang
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 96

DONATE TO ME
Default Screen is just... subpar

Hello! I know that its common knowledge that the nexus devices don't have the best looking screens, and that flashing a custom kernel can fix these issues for the most part, BUT even still, my screen just doesn't look as good as say my friends iPod Touch or another ones S4. I've tried GalaxyS4 colors (preset in FKU) and I'm using obsanity for now, but its still just not very good. Any tips?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

zihh
Old
(Last edited by zihh; 6th March 2014 at 05:58 AM.)
Thanks Meter 6
You can try bundi22 iphone 5 color or Pa halfbreed.

SMillerNL
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1017

DONATE TO ME
It'll never equal an Apple device, those simply have the best screens in the market. As for the S4,it uses a completely different display technology. The Nexus 4 uses an LCD screen while the S4 uses AMOLED. And there is only so much you can change with kernel settings.

Sent from my Nexus 4, want to know my current project? Check http://team-fun.eu

"I actually don't want any Thanks. I don't need to be Thanked, because I just want to make XDA a better place..."
http://team-fun.eu

consolation
Old
(Last edited by consolation; 7th March 2014 at 06:19 AM.)
Thanks Meter 218
The Samsung Galaxies have notoriously inaccurate colours, they are really over saturated to make the screen look more vivid. N4's colours are actually pretty accurate, for a cell phone, when I measured them with a calibration tool.

People are just used to unrealistic, over saturated, crap I guess. iPhone 5 is pretty damn nice however: good gamut and balance. But, the Samsung amoled is just cheesy crap.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
HTC TyTN II, iPhone 2G, Palm Pre+, iPhone 3G, HTC Magic, Moto Dext, Moto Milestone, Sony Xperia X10i, HTC HD2, iPhone 4, Moto Atrix 4G, HTC Sensation, iPhone 5, LG Nexus 4

tommypacker
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1600

DONATE TO ME
Try flashing a kernel that allows you to change color profiles or your gamma settings. Then you can play with it and see which profiles you like and adjust them however you want