Screen is just... subpar

6th March 2014, 05:48 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 97

203 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hello! I know that its common knowledge that the nexus devices don't have the best looking screens, and that flashing a custom kernel can fix these issues for the most part, BUT even still, my screen just doesn't look as good as say my friends iPod Touch or another ones S4. I've tried GalaxyS4 colors (preset in FKU) and I'm using obsanity for now, but its still just not very good. Any tips?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
6th March 2014, 05:54 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 8

52 posts
More
You can try bundi22 iphone 5 color or Pa halfbreed.
Last edited by zihh; 6th March 2014 at 05:58 AM.
6th March 2014, 08:50 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Lisse
Thanks Meter: 1,048

3,237 posts
Donate to Me
More
It'll never equal an Apple device, those simply have the best screens in the market. As for the S4,it uses a completely different display technology. The Nexus 4 uses an LCD screen while the S4 uses AMOLED. And there is only so much you can change with kernel settings.

Sent from my Nexus 4, want to know my current project? Check http://team-fun.eu
7th March 2014, 06:16 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 220

699 posts
More
The Samsung Galaxies have notoriously inaccurate colours, they are really over saturated to make the screen look more vivid. N4's colours are actually pretty accurate, for a cell phone, when I measured them with a calibration tool.

People are just used to unrealistic, over saturated, crap I guess. iPhone 5 is pretty damn nice however: good gamut and balance. But, the Samsung amoled is just cheesy crap.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Last edited by consolation; 7th March 2014 at 06:19 AM.
7th March 2014, 06:54 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 1,643

1,034 posts
Donate to Me
More
Try flashing a kernel that allows you to change color profiles or your gamma settings. Then you can play with it and see which profiles you like and adjust them however you want
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread