Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,981 Members 39,390 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Screen on time?

Tip us?

pappyN4
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I get about 4 hours of on screen time with moderate gaming with CM rom.
Biggest difference compared to stock is that a lot of the services that run on stock are not installed or turned on.
Apps that constantly check in email/facebook/etc.. can drain things as well. Increasing the interval between checks, or disabling it altogether and just doing it manually would help.

BetterBatteryStats can help you narrow down what is giving you the biggest drain.

Smogga
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayRokk View Post
2-3 hours of screen time is normal.

You got to take into consideration;

this phones battery is NOT big, its small.
This phone has an LCD screen, the power is going to run out much FASTER than OLED screens.

Be happy you get 2-3 hours. Some people can barely get one.

I get 4+hour but with 6 hours total battery time. I can also get 1 1/2 days of light usage.

This phone isn't going to give you 5+ hours screen time on top of 12+ hours of battery life. Its just not gonna happen.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
i can agree with you: my girlfriend and me got both a nexus 4. she has to charge her phone every day when she comes from school and also get not more than 2,5h screen on time. her phone is completely stock and loaded with a lot of beauty-apps, lol.

i rooted my nexus 4 and run paranoid android beta 6 with the stock gapps package and the hells.core b44t3 at the stock settings and iam getting at least 5h screen on time when useing my phone for about 20h-30h. iam just useing whtsapp, messenger, facebook, instagram, web browsing and google+, not playing games with it. i also tunred 3g off and use only wifi or 2g, because these apps dont need 3g necessarily.
Phone: Nexus 4
ROM: AOSPA 4+
Kernel: Franco.Kernel