Screen is unresponsive, at times?

Search This thread

androidlosernoob

Jun 15, 2013
San Francisco,CA
Yesterday, I changed my shattered screen and I followed Le55on's tutorial. It worked for the rest of the day, and today, after class, I took it out and tried to unlock it, but it wouldn't respond. I rebooted it and tried everything, but it didn't work. Then I tried three fingers, and my input was recognized. But then I gave up and decided to wait until I got home. Then, when I took my phone out from my pocket at home, it worked perfectly. So far, the screen is still responsive. Could this just be a little problem that righted itself, or will I need to open it up? Thank you!

bladebuddy

Dec 31, 2011
You could try apps from the play store that help calibration of the touch screen and touches as in amount of touches and see if that helps. Hopefully its just the new screen bedding in and should be OK.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Berrydroidcafe

May 12, 2011
Cleveland Ohio - San Diego Ca
Yesterday, I changed my shattered screen and I followed Le55on's tutorial. It worked for the rest of the day, and today, after class, I took it out and tried to unlock it, but it wouldn't respond. I rebooted it and tried everything, but it didn't work. Then I tried three fingers, and my input was recognized. But then I gave up and decided to wait until I got home. Then, when I took my phone out from my pocket at home, it worked perfectly. So far, the screen is still responsive. Could this just be a little problem that righted itself, or will I need to open it up? Thank you!

You could try apps from the play store that help calibration of the touch screen and touches as in amount of touches and see if that helps. Hopefully its just the new screen bedding in and should be OK.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.tpyxa.android.multitouch

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)

androidlosernoob

Jun 15, 2013
San Francisco,CA

I did a calibration test, and it worked. Everything was fine. Just now, it stopped working again. I rebooted it twice and then it worked perfectly. Is this a software issue? What should I do?

Berrydroidcafe

May 12, 2011
I did a calibration test, and it worked. Everything was fine. Just now, it stopped working again. I rebooted it twice and then it worked perfectly. Is this a software issue? What should I do?

My guess would be to flash another rom and that might give you your answer. It might be as simple as the screen and digitizer separating from each other.

androidlosernoob

Jun 15, 2013
San Francisco,CA
What recovery are you using? How are you flashing it? (adb/toolkit)

So I ended up finding out that you have to upgrade the OS 4.2.2> 4.3>4.4>4.4.2 and now I have that done, and I've flashed CM 11 and it's working flawlessly. There's been no screen unresponsiveness so far and everything seems fine. Except now, I've flashed Matr1x 12.5 GPUOC and my color is getting distorted. Did I get the wrong file?

Berrydroidcafe

May 12, 2011
So I ended up finding out that you have to upgrade the OS 4.2.2> 4.3>4.4>4.4.2 and now I have that done, and I've flashed CM 11 and it's working flawlessly. There's been no screen unresponsiveness so far and everything seems fine. Except now, I've flashed Matr1x 12.5 GPUOC and my color is getting distorted. Did I get the wrong file?

I'm trying to figure out why you went through all of that when you could have flashed CM11 and been done with it. :eek::confused:

I would say that the kernel is the problem. I would wipe everything, meaning a factory reset via the recovery and just flash CM11.

androidlosernoob

Jun 15, 2013
San Francisco,CA
I'm trying to figure out why you went through all of that when you could have flashed CM11 and been done with it. :eek::confused:

I would say that the kernel is the problem. I would wipe everything, meaning a factory reset via the recovery and just flash CM11.

Wait what?! You don't have to?! I was on 4.2.2 originally, and I wiped CM10.2 before I flashed PA. It kept on failing, and I tried everything I could, but it wouldn't work. So I ended up updating the device step by step in order to get PA4. It ended up flashing correctly but my backup was gone, and now I need to start up from scratch. So Wipe>Flash CM11>Flash GAPPS> then Flash Matr1x?

Berrydroidcafe

May 12, 2011
Wait what?! You don't have to?! I was on 4.2.2 originally, and I wiped CM10.2 before I flashed PA. It kept on failing, and I tried everything I could, but it wouldn't work. So I ended up updating the device step by step in order to get PA4. It ended up flashing correctly but my backup was gone, and now I need to start up from scratch. So Wipe>Flash CM11>Flash GAPPS> then Flash Matr1x?

Yes, but don't flash the kernel until you get CM11 flashed.

1. Wipe
2. Flash CM11
3. Boot phone to make sure everything is good.
4. Flash gapps
5. Boot phone again and check things out.
6. Flash kernel.

If there are problems, it would be the kernel.

Top Liked Posts