Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,667 Members 49,634 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Any felt the need of sd card yet?

Tip us?

graffixnyc
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4594

DONATE TO ME
It has been a compromise for me. I'm also a musician and like to carry my entire music collection with me. I wasn't a fan of using the cloud because when I'm underground in the subway and I want to hear a song and if it's not cached I'm screwed. It has taken a bit of adjustment. I have a 32GB GS3 with a 64GB card and between music, videos, movies, pictures I filled more than half of the 64gb card.

I also don't have as many apps installed on my N4. I've definitely had to scale things down a bit. Although, I am having an easier time dealing with it then I thought I would.

One day some of the kids from the neighborhood carried my mother's groceries all the way home. You know why? It was outta respect." -Henry Hill

Devices:

Current Phones:
HTC One M8 Gray 32GB + 128GB SD
Oppo Find 7a 16GB + 64GB Card
OnePlus One

Current Tablets:
Sony Z Ultra GPe (Phone but use as a tablet)
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition 32gb

All new members should watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmvCpR45LKA

Follow me on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/graffixnyc

G+: http://gplus.to/graffixnyc

calanizzle
Old
Thanks Meter 169

DONATE TO ME
I have 8gb and what I miss from my s2 (16gb + 32gb sdcard) is all the backups, roms I had.. Besides that, everything is fine
DEVICE 1: AT&T HTC One 32gb: Stock rooted with some framework mods
DEVICE 2: ASUS Nexus 7 (2013) 16gb: Stock rooted

GUAYAQUIL - ECUADOR

jnewman1991
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Default Re: Any felt the need of sd card yet?

I bought the 16 GB version and haven't needed one yet. I ended up buying a 32GB Nexus 7 which is mainly used for heavy games like Vice City and NFS, leaving me with quite a bit of storage left on my Nexus 4. I stream all my music from Google play since I have unlimited data and Wi-Fi is pretty much everywhere I go.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
Samsung R210 > Motorola V188 > Samsung S500 > Nokia 6600 > Samsung E335 >Samsung T619 > Nokia 6800 > Motorola Razr V3 > Motorola Rizr Z3 > BlackBerry Pearl 8120 > T-Mobile/HTC G1 > BlackBerry Curve 8900 > HTC HD2 > T-Mobile/HTC G2 > T-Mobile/HTC MyTouch 4G Slide > Samsung Galaxy S III > BlackBerry Bold 9700 > Nexus 4 > Samsung T139 > BlackBerry Q10 (soon)

shad0wboss
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 143
Any comments on the performance compared to S3? physically as well? I know that adreno 320 is much better than the mali 400 but by how much?
Did it help you? why not press "Thanks" button

molesarecoming
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 27362

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by graffixnyc View Post
It has been a compromise for me. I'm also a musician and like to carry my entire music collection with me. I wasn't a fan of using the cloud because when I'm underground in the subway and I want to hear a song and if it's not cached I'm screwed. It has taken a bit of adjustment. I have a 32GB GS3 with a 64GB card and between music, videos, movies, pictures I filled more than half of the 64gb card.

I also don't have as many apps installed on my N4. I've definitely had to scale things down a bit. Although, I am having an easier time dealing with it then I thought I would.
use google music. even when i used sd i couldnt put my collection on it, i had to cut it in half. with gm i have my entire collection with me whereever i go. i live in two countries with long travels in between without connection - its as easy as tapping on the stuff i wanna listen to while being offline. you can make it even easier if you use playlists. i wasnt sure about cloud either but the way i see it, it works pretty well. i'd even say better than cutting my collection in half to fit 32gb.

theabsurdman
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by graffixnyc View Post

did you read what i posted about wireless drives? might help you.

graffixnyc
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4594

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by molesarecoming View Post
use google music. even when i used sd i couldnt put my collection on it, i had to cut it in half. with gm i have my entire collection with me whereever i go. i live in two countries with long travels in between without connection - its as easy as tapping on the stuff i wanna listen to while being offline. you can make it even easier if you use playlists. i wasnt sure about cloud either but the way i see it, it works pretty well. i'd even say better than cutting my collection in half to fit 32gb.
I've been using GM. The only thing that sucks is sometimes I will be underground in the subway and feel like hearing a song out of the blue. If it's not a song that is cached then I'm out of luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theabsurdman View Post
did you read what i posted about wireless drives? might help you.
Yeah I did. But I don't know if I'd want to carry it around with me. For that I could just carry my GS3 with me

I really was turned off by the lack of storage on the N4(I wasn't going to get one for that only reason) but I'm making due. If anything it keeps me on top of keeping my phone tidy and organized because instead of just leaving everything on the SD card I now clean it out every couple days to remove stuff taking up space. And instead of having like 50 games installed I only have the ones I'm currently playing installed

One day some of the kids from the neighborhood carried my mother's groceries all the way home. You know why? It was outta respect." -Henry Hill

Devices:

Current Phones:
HTC One M8 Gray 32GB + 128GB SD
Oppo Find 7a 16GB + 64GB Card
OnePlus One

Current Tablets:
Sony Z Ultra GPe (Phone but use as a tablet)
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition 32gb

All new members should watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmvCpR45LKA

Follow me on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/graffixnyc

G+: http://gplus.to/graffixnyc

shad0wboss
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 143
isn't there a way to unscrew the thing and replace the inner one? I think there's an inner sd card which can be replaced...I mean, my friend has htc mozart and it also doesn't have a proper slot for external card however if one unscrew the back, there's a card deep inside which can be replaced with a bigger one...Isn't it the same with Nexus 4?
Did it help you? why not press "Thanks" button

phrami
Old
Thanks Meter 0
For me 16 GB is plenty of space, the only thing I miss the SD slot for is easy transfer of files. I don't have to plug the phone in to transfer files.
I haven't tried the NFC / BT or WIFI (can;t use in corporate network) for file transfers.

Other than that I have been very happy with this phone, no root, stock ui, I am loving it.

PHR

calyxim
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Default Re: Any felt the need of sd card yet?

I have my nexus 7 for the movies and honestly I don't understand people watching movies on a tiny screen.
I also don't understand people who "knows" more than 2500 songs.
And the ones who can play 5 different game loft games on a daily basis.
So 12 isn't enough for obsessive compulsive people who has to have everything with them.
I bet they carry a huge bag stuffed with stuff as well. In case they suddenly happen to go on a holiday or something.