[Q] Seeking input about radios (modem) versions

OP psyonicus

17th June 2014, 07:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 25

90 posts
Hello all.
Just seeking input from someone smarter than me, as this is waaaay above my paygrade.

I recently flashed a kk4.4.3 rom. As per everyone's advice, I also flashed the 1.02 radio, as the general concensus is that you might have wifi trouble otherwise.

What's troubling me is that I actually had trouble with signal bars (ie not wifi) with the 1.02 radio. So I went back to .33 and my reception has never been better AND I haven't had any problem with wifi at all.

So, my question is how come it seems to work backwards for me than the majority? And most importantly, will I experience trouble by using a 4.4.2 radio on my 4.4.3 system?
17th June 2014, 08:14 PM   |  #2  
Flag Calgary, AB
Thanks Meter: 165

782 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by psyonicus

Hello all.
Just seeking input from someone smarter than me, as this is waaaay above my paygrade.

I recently flashed a kk4.4.3 rom. As per everyone's advice, I also flashed the 1.02 radio, as the general concensus is that you might have wifi trouble otherwise.

What's troubling me is that I actually had trouble with signal bars (ie not wifi) with the 1.02 radio. So I went back to .33 and my reception has never been better AND I haven't had any problem with wifi at all.

So, my question is how come it seems to work backwards for me than the majority? And most importantly, will I experience trouble by using a 4.4.2 radio on my 4.4.3 system?

Don't trust the signal bars. Trust the dbm reading in about phone and status. Bars are very innacurate reading of actual signal strength.
17th June 2014, 08:49 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 25

90 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3drvr

Don't trust the signal bars. Trust the dbm reading in about phone and status. Bars are very innacurate reading of actual signal strength.

Oh, but with 1.02 I had no signal most of the time. None.
17th June 2014, 08:50 PM   |  #4  
Flag Calgary, AB
Thanks Meter: 165

782 posts
More
Reflash

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread