Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,105 Members 44,914 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Seeking input about radios (modem) versions

Tip us?

psyonicus
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Default [Q] Seeking input about radios (modem) versions

Hello all.
Just seeking input from someone smarter than me, as this is waaaay above my paygrade.

I recently flashed a kk4.4.3 rom. As per everyone's advice, I also flashed the 1.02 radio, as the general concensus is that you might have wifi trouble otherwise.

What's troubling me is that I actually had trouble with signal bars (ie not wifi) with the 1.02 radio. So I went back to .33 and my reception has never been better AND I haven't had any problem with wifi at all.

So, my question is how come it seems to work backwards for me than the majority? And most importantly, will I experience trouble by using a 4.4.2 radio on my 4.4.3 system?

M3drvr
Old
Thanks Meter 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by psyonicus View Post
Hello all.
Just seeking input from someone smarter than me, as this is waaaay above my paygrade.

I recently flashed a kk4.4.3 rom. As per everyone's advice, I also flashed the 1.02 radio, as the general concensus is that you might have wifi trouble otherwise.

What's troubling me is that I actually had trouble with signal bars (ie not wifi) with the 1.02 radio. So I went back to .33 and my reception has never been better AND I haven't had any problem with wifi at all.

So, my question is how come it seems to work backwards for me than the majority? And most importantly, will I experience trouble by using a 4.4.2 radio on my 4.4.3 system?
Don't trust the signal bars. Trust the dbm reading in about phone and status. Bars are very innacurate reading of actual signal strength.

psyonicus
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3drvr View Post
Don't trust the signal bars. Trust the dbm reading in about phone and status. Bars are very innacurate reading of actual signal strength.
Oh, but with 1.02 I had no signal most of the time. None.

M3drvr
Old
Thanks Meter 165
Reflash

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk