5,600,919 Members 42,465 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Setting Force close?

Tip us?

jto101680
Old
(Last edited by jto101680; 16th November 2013 at 06:38 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Setting Force close?

Upgraded to 4.4 with a clean wipe. I uninstalled some of the Google apps I never use such as currents ect. After awhile some apps start to force close such as settings. After I reboot or wipe cache or both the apps then reinstall themselves. Strange. I have never had a problem like this in any other version of android. Anyone else?
from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 18051
yea, i found out two weeks ago that you cant uninstall system apps in kitkat without getting a fc in settings. my way around it, i disabled 19 of the apps found in /system/app/ instead of deleting them. it seems to work just as well. pick any of the apps, select to view its info, tben press disable in the app info screen. itll remove that app from the app drawer as well.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jto101680
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks Simms. Your one helpful dude! I always felt better totally getting ride of them to open up more space but it is what it is.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 18051
Quote:
Originally Posted by jto101680 View Post
Thanks Simms. Your one helpful dude! I always felt better totally getting ride of them to open up more space but it is what it is.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
its what i do too, and always done. i have found that you can delete a few apps in /system/app/, like plus one, but they cant be considered system apps. its one of the first things i noticed about kitkat, that settings fc after removing system apps.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!

Ultramanoid
Old
Thanks Meter 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22 View Post
yea, i found out two weeks ago that you cant uninstall system apps in kitkat without getting a fc in settings. my way around it, i disabled 19 of the apps found in /system/app/ instead of deleting them. it seems to work just as well. pick any of the apps, select to view its info, tben press disable in the app info screen. itll remove that app from the app drawer as well.
This is wrong on so many levels. After years rooting and running custom roms, I'm suddenly stuck with a load of bloatware if I upgrade to 4.4. I only use the account manager and Play Store and don't want any other Google apks, and would like to do without even those two, in fact I have no Google account 99% of the time and both are disabled unless I have to update something.

Hope there's a way out of this...

ノ・_・)ノ 先端技術

rbeavers
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Screwgooled???

Sent from my XT897 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Screwed by Google. Canceled ICS upgrade on my Moto Photon 4G.

Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE - CM 11.0 Nightlies - On ting.com - only Pay for what you GET.
Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Kit Kat Stock rooted, twrp recovery. "too new for ting"
Kindle Fire (Replaced USB Charging Port!) CM 11

Retired, Kids Toys, Gave Away &/or Bricked; HTC G1, Samsung Moment, 2 Photon 4G's, Samsung Nexus S 4G.