XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sick of Google

Tip us?

3dupunk
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbarayah View Post
You make a good point here - Google is certainly 'buying' out data and information. They are not in the cell phone making business - rather, they are in the data and analytics business.

Did you think Google was making and selling Nexus devices this cheap just out of the goodness of their own hearts?

A Nexus device is sold at a significant cost reduction that is subsidized by Google for a reason. In today's day and age, if you truly value your privacy, I'd recommend canceling your internet package and surfing the web form your local library. Aside from that, someone is always watching what you're doing - Google or otherwise.

I need no schooling on Google and its ways, I've written quite a few papers for school on them so I GET WHAT THEY ARE ACTUALLY DOING and that's what scary IMO. I find that people who suggest cutting everything off are morons (not saying you) because what they are really doing is mocking w/e. I shouldn't have to worry about prying eyes is my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4nd4r View Post
Get a notepad and a pen. Have fun living in 1995.
Soooo original, did you come up with that all by your self?

Sent by flying midget

MotoMudder77
Old
Thanks Meter 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaaaabbbb63 View Post
Am I the only one that doesn't care if Google or whatever watches me, and tracks me? I mean, there's no harm to it. They know I like Dubstep? So be it!

The good thing is, they use that data to make your user experience a lot better. Like, my youtube home page is full of Dubstep.

I don't have a problem with them knowing everything. I have nothing to hide, and I couldn't care less, as long as they use the info to make my life easier.
This.

deleting a few apps does nothing, everything we do is monitored. the licence plate on our vehicles can be tracked with the millions of cameras facing the streets. purchases at stores monitor what we like(with a card atleast).

Im like the guy above....Who cares if its known that you like to take a crap during a certain time? Like to go to taco bell on Sundays, ect. ect.

What does it harm?
Having adds particular to what I like?
HTC ADP1- Traded
HTC Mytouch- Gone
HTC MyTouch 1.2- Traded
HTC HD2 - Traded
HTC Mytouch 3g slide(white)- Sold
HTC Mytouch 3g slide(black)- Sold
Samsung Galaxy Tab- Sold
HTC G2- unlocked, S-off- Sold
HTC N1(850Mhz)- Sold
Motorola Atrix 4g - Sold
Samsung Infuse 4g - Sold
Samsung GSII i777- Traded
HTC Sensation z710a- Scammed/Lost by USPS
Motorola Atrix 2 MB865- Gave up on Moto.
HTC One S Z520e - shelved

LG Nexus 4 rev11 - Current

Kira
Old
Thanks Meter 950
Quote:
Am I the only one that doesn't care if Google or whatever watches me, and tracks me? I mean, there's no harm to it. They know I like Dubstep? So be it!

The good thing is, they use that data to make your user experience a lot better. Like, my youtube home page is full of Dubstep.

I don't have a problem with them knowing everything. I have nothing to hide, and I couldn't care less, as long as they use the info to make my life easier.
I wasn't being serious.
Follow me on Instagram.

BlueFlame4
Old
Thanks Meter 125
Quote:

That sounds like a dangerous attitude to me. Guess what happened if listening to dubstep would become illegal tomorrow? Gathering information for "good" things is fine but who says that those information won't be misused?
The Following User Says Thank You to BlueFlame4 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

badboy47
Old
(Last edited by badboy47; 7th December 2013 at 07:07 PM.)
Thanks Meter 683

DONATE TO ME
This attitude "i dont care" brought us to this monitoring age. Its not about what you have to hide or not. Its about what they can use against you in future. In this age many people doesn't know the value of free rights. I would love to give you lots of examples but its pointless because ignorance is a bless. Go ahead mock me. Make a joke to make you feel secure.

As Charlie Chaplin once said. Greed has poisoned menís souls, has barricaded the world with hate, has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed. We have developed speed, but we have shut ourselves in. Machinery that gives abundance has left us in want. Our knowledge has made us cynical. Our cleverness, hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery we need humanity. More than cleverness we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost....

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to badboy47 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zelendel
Old
Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Thanks Meter 10487

DONATE TO ME
Ok now I have made my comments about it but ill lay it on the line here.

Is there much people can do not to be monitored or tracked? Very little. Is it an issue? Yes. Can it be fixed or stopped? Not with out a very extreme thing happening. So those that care about this stuff do what makes you feel secure. For those that don't mind. Cool enjoy your device as it was intended.

Me. Do I care? Yeah but not alot. I don't use half the stuff anyway and targeted ads annoy the hell out of me. I never buy anything from ads. Will I go out of my way to stop it? No not worth my time. Hell I still leave my Xbox one camera on all the time. If they want to come get me they are more then welcome to try. Can't stop them from coming but can make sure they don't make the mistake more then once.

Wayne Tech Nexus

If hard work pays off then easy work is worthless
SearchFu
Never Ask someone to do something your not willing to at least try to do yourself.
"Gotham is the work of a madman"- NunHugger Current Nexus 5-12 Nightly

The Following User Says Thank You to zelendel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]