Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,368 Members 44,535 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Slow boot up time

Tip us?

anees167
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default Slow boot up time

Hello., my nexus 4 is really fast, however I've noticed that the boot up speed is really slow it takes 1 min 30 to 2 mins and I have checked the nexus 4 boot up time on YouTube and they are in 30 Seconds or so. I'm running stock, rooted and with xposed and I have tried boot manager hasn't really made any difference.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app
MY DEVICES= LG COOKIE (STOLEN) > SAMSUNG G600 (DEAD) > ORANGE SAN FRANCISCO/ ZTE BLADE (SOLD) > SONY ERICSSON XPERIA PLAY (SOLD) > SONY XPERIA S (SOLD) > LG NEXUS 4 (CURRENT)

arffrhn
Old
Thanks Meter 721
How much apps did you installed on your device? What xposed module did you installed and what other mods are you using apart from xposed?
Samsung Galaxy S Advance i9070 || ROM: HarshJelly || Kernel: Cocore

Google Nexus 4 || ROM: Mahdi-Rom || Kernel: hells-Core // AK POSEIDON series || Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0
The Following User Says Thank You to arffrhn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

anees167
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
In my app drawer I have around 157 apps and I have quite a few modules such as gravity box, xblast tools, greenify, have around 10 in total. And I also have viper 4 android and that's about it

MY DEVICES= LG COOKIE (STOLEN) > SAMSUNG G600 (DEAD) > ORANGE SAN FRANCISCO/ ZTE BLADE (SOLD) > SONY ERICSSON XPERIA PLAY (SOLD) > SONY XPERIA S (SOLD) > LG NEXUS 4 (CURRENT)

RootNightmareX
Old
Thanks Meter 164
Some apps may have the permision to start so that's why you have a slow boot up.
BTW Viper4Android slowed my boot up too so i stoped using it.
So ... Viper4Android and Gravity Box are 99% causing the problems.
The Following User Says Thank You to RootNightmareX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

anees167
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Thanks for the reply, I see the reason why but than again these are my most two common mods that I use.

sky0165
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by RootNightmareX View Post
Some apps may have the permision to start so that's why you have a slow boot up.
BTW Viper4Android slowed my boot up too so i stoped using it.
So ... Viper4Android and Gravity Box are 99% causing the problems.
any good alternatives for viper and gravity?

RootNightmareX
Old
Thanks Meter 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky0165 View Post
any good alternatives for viper and gravity?
For audio try musicfx or beats and for features try c-rom or pa