FORUMS

Nexus & Cookies: A More Focused Direction?

It is that time of the year again, and we are approaching the day where Android fans all over … more

LG G4 US Carrier Release Dates

The LG G4 was announced on April 29th with its Snapdragon 808 SoC, a welcomed change from its higher-end … more

Microsoft Reaches Pre-Install Agreement With New OEMs

As of late, Microsoft has been making a subtle but widespread play into the … more

Discover XDA: Discover Greater

We’ve all been there at some point in our XDA lives; we used to spend hours browsing over the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Small gapps for 4.3 nexus 4?

15th April 2014, 11:13 AM |#1  
sinndissension's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Can someone give me a link for banks gapps for 4.4 kitkat? I dont want all that google crap, or the massive file. And i cant find it anywhere. i can only find a small gapps for the nexus 5. Thanks.
 
 
15th April 2014, 11:22 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 66
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinndissension

Can someone give me a link for banks gapps for 4.4 kitkat? I dont want all that google crap, or the massive file. And i cant find it anywhere. i can only find a small gapps for the nexus 5. Thanks.

i think that the gapps you found will work on nexus 4. as far as i know gapps are the same in every phone. also you can install Root Uninstaller or anroid tuner or rom toolbox or any similar application to uninstall what you don't want manually. that is what i did
15th April 2014, 11:25 AM |#3  
nexuspur's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 116
 
More
http://goo.im/devs/BaNkS/GApps/4.4.2...4.2_signed.zip

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
15th April 2014, 11:27 AM |#4  
sinndissension's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttheodorou

i think that the gapps you found will work on nexus 4. as far as i know gapps are the same in every phone. also you can install Root Uninstaller or anroid tuner or rom toolbox or any similar application to uninstall what you don't want manually. that is what i did

Yes, but i keep the rom and gapps i use saved on my phone so i dont have to re download them whenever i need to reflash them, and i prefer the smaller gapps so i dont have a 200MB file on my phone, when i could have a much smaller 20MB file on my phone. And ive never heard of being able to flash an N5 gapps to a N4. I hard bricked my last N4 flashing things made for a different phone.
15th April 2014, 11:44 AM |#5  
nexuspur's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 116
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinndissension

Yes, but i keep the rom and gapps i use saved on my phone so i dont have to re download them whenever i need to reflash them, and i prefer the smaller gapps so i dont have a 200MB file on my phone, when i could have a much smaller 20MB file on my phone. And ive never heard of being able to flash an N5 gapps to a N4. I hard bricked my last N4 flashing things made for a different phone.

Lol are you serious you can use the gapps for every phone, that runs Android 4.4

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
15th April 2014, 12:03 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 66
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexuspur

Lol are you serious you can use the gapps for every phone, that runs Android 4.4

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

i flashed gapps (for cm 10) that was ment for my old phone optimus black on a galaxy s3 mini running cm 10 and everything was ok. that is why i had the impression that gapps can be flashed everywhere on the same os version
15th April 2014, 12:24 PM |#7  
nexuspur's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 116
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttheodorou

i flashed gapps (for cm 10) that was ment for my old phone optimus black on a galaxy s3 mini running cm 10 and everything was ok. that is why i had the impression that gapps can be flashed everywhere on the same os version

Yes you are defenitly right!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
15th April 2014, 01:05 PM |#8  
playya's Avatar
Senior Member
Florida
Thanks Meter: 2,260
 
Donate to Me
More
Gapps are gapps people..... Its either for 4.1, 4.2 4.3 etc.... you get the picture. Now as far as minimal gapps they are all over the web and especially the two main players Banks and PA-Gapps. Now if they are not good enough for you simply extract the files from the zip file that you do not want to flash. Its really not that hard and you may learn something. I used to have script that deleted what I did not want after every rom/gapps flash
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes