Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,758 Members 46,567 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

"group sms pro is sending a large number of sms messages"

Tip us?

RichKS
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy "group sms pro is sending a large number of sms messages"

Hi all,

I use a Nexus 4 to send large umber of SMS messages using an application called "Group SMS Pro"

This worked perfectly for a couple of months. In the last week though, I've suddenly started getting a message stating:

Which then asks me to allow each message individually. this would be annoying enough, but this seems to cause the application to fail to send to all but the first user.

What's worse I'm getting this message if I try to send large numbers of SMS messages using the regular messaging app. Or any other messaging app. So this is not app secific.

I have no idea why this started suddenly. I upgraded to 4.4.2 OTA when it first appeared last year and have root. Like I say, it was working perfectly up until about a week ago.

I've done some reading around and it appears that there was a pointless limit put in which users cannot change in 4.0 or somewhere, and there are plenty of guides to (and even apps for) disabling this for all versions prior to 4.4, but nobody seems to talk about this on 4.4.

Should I even be seeing this at all? Was it removed? How do I fix it? Is my best bet to downgrade to 4.3? Or would a custom rom be a better idea?

Thanks in advance,

Rich

Berrydroidcafe
Old
Thanks Meter 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichKS View Post
Hi all,

I use a Nexus 4 to send large umber of SMS messages using an application called "Group SMS Pro"

This worked perfectly for a couple of months. In the last week though, I've suddenly started getting a message stating:

Which then asks me to allow each message individually. this would be annoying enough, but this seems to cause the application to fail to send to all but the first user.

What's worse I'm getting this message if I try to send large numbers of SMS messages using the regular messaging app. Or any other messaging app. So this is not app secific.

I have no idea why this started suddenly. I upgraded to 4.4.2 OTA when it first appeared last year and have root. Like I say, it was working perfectly up until about a week ago.

I've done some reading around and it appears that there was a pointless limit put in which users cannot change in 4.0 or somewhere, and there are plenty of guides to (and even apps for) disabling this for all versions prior to 4.4, but nobody seems to talk about this on 4.4.

Should I even be seeing this at all? Was it removed? How do I fix it? Is my best bet to downgrade to 4.3? Or would a custom rom be a better idea?

Thanks in advance,

Rich
I know in some roms there's a setting where it allows so many sms messages via apps.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)
Blackberry Bold 9780 OS 7
HTC G2 (Desire Z) 4.4.2
LG Nexus 4 4.4.2
Asus Nexus 7 (2013) 4.4.2

Don't forget to hit the Thanks button if I helped in any way!

The Following User Says Thank You to Berrydroidcafe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]