Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,351 Members 39,530 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

soft bricked device

Tip us?

tommyforest123
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default soft bricked device

Hi,

I am trying to fix my friends nexus 4. It has a unlocked bootloader and was rooted. He had the franco kernel installed and when it was updated the other day, the wifi wouldn't work. The recovery function works and I can download any recovery or boot.img. The problem is whilst trying to fix, he erased all the data on the phone. now there is no OS installed. I believe he was running stock. Their is no zips installed. the problem i have is how can I install the new kk zip and gapps I have downloaded to the device. I cant mount the sd card in the recovery because of no sd card. I have a htc one and am used to putting roms on that. Its just I am stuck trying to fix this. The phone will enter fastboot and Recovery as discussed. Thanks..hope this makes sense

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 20747
2 options..
1. you need to adb push a rom/gapps to your device while you are in recovery. then flash them after pushing.
2. you need to fastboot flash the factory image while you are in the bootloader.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!
The Following User Says Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tommyforest123
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22 View Post
2 options..
1. you need to adb push a rom/gapps to your device while you are in recovery. then flash them after pushing.
2. you need to fastboot flash the factory image while you are in the bootloader.

Hi Thanks for your reply. I am trying to adb push a rom to the device. The computer recognizes the device when I type adb devices in the command prompt when in recovery. The problem is what do I save it to without a sd card. I seen a few videos with the command adb push name.zip /sdcard/ namezip

what do i enter instead of sd card ...thanks again

RolF2
Old
Thanks Meter 68
http://teamw.in/ADBSideload
The Following User Says Thank You to RolF2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 20747
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyforest123 View Post
Hi Thanks for your reply. I am trying to adb push a rom to the device. The computer recognizes the device when I type adb devices in the command prompt when in recovery. The problem is what do I save it to without a sd card. I seen a few videos with the command adb push name.zip /sdcard/ namezip

when i do it, i put the file in the same folder as adb. i enter recovery, then.. adb push namezip, then its there.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3070
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyforest123 View Post

Just use adb push name.zip /sdcard. There is an internal sdcard

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

tommyforest123
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639 View Post
Just use adb push name.zip /sdcard. There is an internal sdcard

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Hi, thanks for the replies. I was able to flash a new kk rom through the adb...