Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,095 Members 40,791 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Solved; Ignore] Phone on "charge" at 0% Instantly turns off when charger is removed.

Tip us?

Aaron_Knowles
Old
(Last edited by Aaron_Knowles; 10th June 2014 at 11:25 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Unhappy [Solved; Ignore] Phone on "charge" at 0% Instantly turns off when charger is removed.

As the title suggests, my phone will only turn on when the charger is plugged in and the battery stats say "0% Charging (AC) - 0s on battery".

Little background. I just flashed stock and AK 301 kernel as well as the latest libs. Phone turned on just fine, battery was at 50%.

I then decided to run Antutu for the hell of it to see if there were any performance changes etc.

Whilst Antutu was running the phone just powered off and wouldn't power back on. I had a red blinking light and that was it.

Eventually I managed to boot in to recovery after following advice to hold power + vol down for 15 seconds then plug the charger in.

The phone was on charge for about 3 hours with the LED still blinking at me.

When I managed to get in to recovery I flashed the only ROM I had on there after wiping all data etc. Which was Mahdi ROM.

Now when I turned the phone on, after many failed attempts, the battery icon is completely depleted with the charging icon inside the battery and as said in my first sentence it says 0% Charging and as soon as I take the charger out, the phone turns off instantly and won't turn back on nor will it blink until I put the charger back in.

Does anyone know whats going on? Could the battery have come loose somehow? I'd like to open it up but I don't have the required screwdriver to do so, anyone know any other way I can crack the case open without damage?

Any help or suggestions are most welcome. I can't return it on warranty as I bought this phone 1 year ago on the 4th June... Of course this had to happen 6 days after warranty expired!

Aaron_Knowles
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
I think I spoke too soon.

I just decided to hold the power button and vol down until the phone completely switched off. Turned it back on and now my battery says 32%.And as of writing this it's now up to 34%. So it's actually showing that it's charging now, whereas earlier the phone was on for about 20 minutes and said 0% the whole time.

Odd. That's all I have to say.

I can't delete my post for some reason. So I'll just flag it as answered. Sorry about that.