Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Solved.

OP starbeard89

17th January 2014, 03:34 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Last edited by starbeard89; 17th January 2014 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Question Answered.
17th January 2014, 03:46 AM   |  #2  
Flag Bandung
Thanks Meter: 233

340 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by starbeard89

Hello,

I have looked quite a bit, but I can't find anything to help (perhaps I'm using the wrong search terms or something). The problem I keep running into is that, even with wiping cache, dalvik cache, and data/factory reset, gapps keeps on coming back. I've flashed the latest CM11 nightly, the latest Purity, and the latest BS Harmony, all without flashing gapps, but when it boots up, sure enough, gapps are there. Why are gapps still there, and what can I do to get rid of them?

Thank you in advance!

Yes because it has backup system yo backup gapps, if you want to get rid of gapps, go to mounts and storage on cwm and do format system, and then flash cm11 or other rom

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to xtrymind For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th January 2014, 05:53 AM   |  #3  
Flag Cleveland Ohio - San Diego Ca
Thanks Meter: 230

1,025 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by starbeard89

Hello,

I have looked quite a bit, but I can't find anything to help (perhaps I'm using the wrong search terms or something). The problem I keep running into is that, even with wiping cache, dalvik cache, and data/factory reset, gapps keeps on coming back. I've flashed the latest CM11 nightly, the latest Purity, and the latest BS Harmony, all without flashing gapps, but when it boots up, sure enough, gapps are there. Why are gapps still there, and what can I do to get rid of them?

Thank you in advance!

If I'm not mistaken, some devs do add some gapps into their roms. Not all of them mind you. Also when you do a factory reset via the recovery, it doesn't wipe the system partition. Most roms will wipe it when it (rom) is flashed, so gapps from previous roms wouldn't or shouldn't be there.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)
17th January 2014, 02:15 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrymind

Yes because it has backup system yo backup gapps, if you want to get rid of gapps, go to mounts and storage on cwm and do format system, and then flash cm11 or other rom

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Thank you. I'm feeling sheepish.
17th January 2014, 05:09 PM   |  #5  
Flag Cleveland Ohio - San Diego Ca
Thanks Meter: 230

1,025 posts
More
You're welcome.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread