Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[SOLVED] WiFi Mobile Hotspot error after KITKAT update, then WiFi Can't be enabled

OP ReCreate

8th December 2013, 10:15 AM   |  #11  
Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 18
 
60 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReCreate

I did a backup in CWM, then I did a factory reset, and then I restored the backup. Everything started working just fine again.

No thanks to anyone.

It works! Thanks!

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReCreate

After updating my google play unlocked Nexus 4 to Kit Kat 4.4, I've been constantly having problems with my WiFi being stuck in off mode.

Turning on WiFi would get the toggle stuck, while it's Grey too, and it stays stuck. Solution was to turn on and off airplane mode. Then wifi works again.

I've now realized this is triggered every time I try to enable the mobile WiFi Hotspot. It shows Error next to the check box and no WiFi network is broadcasted. I tried barnacle tether and FoxFi, and neither work. Has kit Kat broken any WiFi broadcasting? Tethering works just fine for me over USB. Something is wrong with the WiFi. Has anyone else been having this problem?

Here's some screenhots.

Alternate way is, if you rooted, delete directory
Quote:

/data/misc/wifi

and reboot your phone
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to in.abhi9 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd December 2013, 05:18 PM   |  #12  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
60 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by in.abhi9

It works! Thanks!

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------



Alternate way is, if you rooted, delete directory and reboot your phone

Lol. Glad i helped. I thought I was the only one. xD Good to know, too!
17th March 2014, 05:42 PM   |  #13  
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by in.abhi9

Alternate way is, if you rooted, delete directory and reboot your phone

Great... now it`s working for me again
11th August 2014, 05:02 AM   |  #14  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
I'm having the same problem with my Nexus 4 but i'm not sure what to do? Please help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReCreate

After updating my google play unlocked Nexus 4 to Kit Kat 4.4, I've been constantly having problems with my WiFi being stuck in off mode.

Turning on WiFi would get the toggle stuck, while it's Grey too, and it stays stuck. Solution was to turn on and off airplane mode. Then wifi works again.

I've now realized this is triggered every time I try to enable the mobile WiFi Hotspot. It shows Error next to the check box and no WiFi network is broadcasted. I tried barnacle tether and FoxFi, and neither work. Has kit Kat broken any WiFi broadcasting? Tethering works just fine for me over USB. Something is wrong with the WiFi. Has anyone else been having this problem?

Here's some screenhots.



Hi there,

I'm having the same problem with my nexus 4 when I turn on wifi hotspot.. I get the "error" message..
I don't completely understand everything in order to fix this.. Please help.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes