[Q] Does Sony Ericsson MW600 work on Nexus 4

Search This thread

hakanr

Nov 8, 2010
I've got MW600 stereo bluetooth headset from my old X10i. Tomorrow I'll buy nuxus4. Does it work on nexus4?

AdamUpNorth

Apr 29, 2010
I can also confirm. Been using my MW600 without issue for a while.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

x017in

Jun 5, 2010
Bangalore
Press not hold the power button on the mw600 till u get the sync icon. Then search on nexus not connect

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Jai2013

Feb 13, 2013
Mobile is not recognizing MW600

Hi,

Even I tried with holding the power button on the MW600 and allowed to search.. but Mobile is not recognizing this guy...
Pls help..

Rgds

TheSpecial1

Jun 16, 2010
Hi,

I have connected my mw600 to my nexus 4 and its working.

However it does not show the song title on the mw600, it used to show the song title with my iphone.

Can someone confirm if the song title is displayed on their mw600 connected to the nexus 4?

Thanks

TheSpecial1

Jun 16, 2010
any hottted

Hi,

I have connected my mw600 to my nexus 4 and its working.

However it does not show the song title on the mw600, it used to show the song title with my iphone.

Can someone confirm if the song title is displayed on their mw600 connected to the nexus 4?

Thanks

AdamUpNorth

Apr 29, 2010
You won't get song info on any Bluetooth device with a nexus phone. The reason is that stock android uses a an old version of the AVRCP Bluetooth protocol (v1.1). That does controlling like play, pause,etc but not the song metadata.

Keep your fingers crossed that Google puts it in v5.0

The only way to get it now is to find a custom Rom with AVRCP v1.3 or higher.

Reactions: TheSpecial1

Nvaiden

Feb 28, 2012
Working fine

Just unwraped my Nexus 4.
When I first hooked it up with the MW600, I could not get audio on phone conversations.
I had to reset the MW600 to get everything working fine.

addy37

Jan 21, 2011
City of Nizams
Confirm if MUSIC WORKS

I realize its repetitive question, but wanted to reconfirm.

The MW 600 works flawlessly on the Nexus 4. Can someone Kindly RECONFIRM if the music can be played wireless and the usual battery on a single charge. I really like this and planning to buy.

Thanks in anticipation

stark_br

Sep 29, 2010
Redmi Note 8

The MW 600 works flawlessly on the Nexus 4. Can someone Kindly RECONFIRM if the music can be played wireless and the usual battery on a single charge. I really like this and planning to buy.

Thanks in anticipation

MW600 is a very good device.
I have one and do not regret the spent money I have on this.

It lasts for about 2 days with a single charge, playing about 3~3.5h a day...

Go for it.

:good:

Reactions: addy37

addy37

Jan 21, 2011
City of Nizams
Thanks for the quick response... Another question pops in my mind... People using it in the earlier posts mentioned that the song name was not displayed on the MW 600 probably because of the stock ROM on the phone. I'm on AOKP ROM, I guess I will be able to see the song name. Do you think so??

PTzero

Jul 2, 2007
I have both the MW600 and the newer MW1. On stock Nexus 4 Jellybean track info does not work with the MW600 but it works with the MW1 provided you install the Sony Smart Wireless Pro software available from the Play Store.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You won't get song info on any Bluetooth device with a nexus phone. The reason is that stock android uses a an old version of the AVRCP Bluetooth protocol (v1.1). That does controlling like play, pause,etc but not the song metadata.

Keep your fingers crossed that Google puts it in v5.0

The only way to get it now is to find a custom Rom with AVRCP v1.3 or higher.

Thanks in anticipation

MW600 is a very good device.
    I have one and do not regret the spent money I have on this.

It lasts for about 2 days with a single charge, playing about 3~3.5h a day...

Go for it.

:good: