5,599,911 Members 46,341 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Does this sound like a dead battery?

Tip us?

mrirvs
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Does this sound like a dead battery?

My N4 started to have battery issues after the kitkat update lasting no longer than 6 hours even turned off. It also started to take longer to charge and gradually this got worse and now all I get is a red light when plugged in but I can't turn it on now.

I guess my battery is stuffed, but could it be that the upgrade did this or (I hope) it was just a coincidence.

I've ordered a new battery and tools but I would appreciate your thoughts on this.

Berrydroidcafe
Old
Thanks Meter 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrirvs View Post
My N4 started to have battery issues after the kitkat update lasting no longer than 6 hours even turned off. It also started to take longer to charge and gradually this got worse and now all I get is a red light when plugged in but I can't turn it on now.

I guess my battery is stuffed, but could it be that the upgrade did this or (I hope) it was just a coincidence.

I've ordered a new battery and tools but I would appreciate your thoughts on this.
It has been written that the battery shouldn't be run down past 15%. I don't know this for a fact, but that could be one of the issues. Another issue would be an app that is constantly running, but there's no way to find out if you can't boot the phone.

As far as the upgrade is concerned, it's iffy at best because a lot of people have upgraded with no problems.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)
Blackberry Bold 9780 OS 7
HTC G2 (Desire Z) 4.4.2
LG Nexus 4 4.4.2
Asus Nexus 7 (2013) 4.4.2

Don't forget to hit the Thanks button if I helped in any way!

keb00
Old
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrirvs View Post

Too me, I bought my 2 days ago, my battery is draining too much fast than should be, I think this 4.4.2 have something bugged that start to drain all the battery, only with screen awake after 3 hours my battery is 30% only with browser and menu s...

Try go to 4.3 again and then you see if is the battery or the rom...
After: Google Nexus S - I9023 Black - Android AOSP 4.3
Now: LG Nexus 4 - Android AOSP 4.4.2