FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

[Q] Source Compilation of Android for N4

29 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi Friends, I was wondering how to compile android from source for My MAKO Device ?

before anyone says that What the Heck ?? ____ I have been through many tutorials, unfortunatily those are for compiline CM which i am not able to clone on my Laptop due to some GIT access issue from my Workplace.

Further i followed the official documentation for compilind android on source.android.com and was able to bild the IMAGE but as soon as i flashed the Image My Nexus's scren got blank and nothing happened .

so, can someone please guide me on how to compile Android from Source (NO CM/ ETC.) for MAKO ..

Thanks in Advance.

7th July 2014, 11:09 AM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Lisse
Thanks Meter: 1,066

Donate to Me
More
AOSP (source.android.com) is android. Are you sure you compiled the right packages. That you included the prebuilts and everything?
7th July 2014, 06:30 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Bangalore

More
Ya . I did everything step by step. And finally I got the images but after flashing the images on my N4 I got a blank screen after boot animation.

Do you have another link so that I can try that method !.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app
8th July 2014, 12:07 PM |#4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Lisse

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gur-i

Ya . I did everything step by step. And finally I got the images but after flashing the images on my N4 I got a blank screen after boot animation.

Do you have another link so that I can try that method !.

Did you compile for the right device? I believe the guide on source.android.com is for the emulator.
8th July 2014, 03:25 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Bangalore

More
Well they also have a device guide, which i followed , do i have to manually add device driver binaries as i did not do that as ot was not there in the guide.

8th July 2014, 04:02 PM |#6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Lisse

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gur-i

Well they also have a device guide, which i followed , do i have to manually add device driver binaries as i did not do that as ot was not there in the guide.

It is, maybe you should read it again to see if you haven't missed anything.
9th July 2014, 06:08 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Flag Bangalore

More
Sure SMillerNL, i will do it again and report back.
Another thing, is actually , when i compile the sorce, I get various images, bootloader.img, system.img, etc. So, How to make a flashable zip out of those, so i can test the rom on MultiRom on my device, rather than flashing from ground 0 , as nexus4 is my kinna daily driver mobile phone.
13th July 2014, 08:26 AM |#8  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Lisse

Donate to Me
More
You have to run "make mako otapackage"
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
compilation, source

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)