Sport armband for nexus 4??

OP hamdroid94

23rd December 2012, 08:35 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 4

8 posts
I am using this armband that is made by Belkin for Samsung Galaxy S3. Good quality n its a tight fit,might not suit users who wanna constantly take out the phone when u are jogging or engaging in whatever activities.There is also a small slot for putting your keys
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20121223_161923.jpg
Views:	800
Size:	259.4 KB
ID:	1585540  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to derekchai2000 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th December 2012, 11:27 AM   |  #12  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 12

54 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamdroid94

Hey guys,
Have y'all seen any armbands for working out for the N4?

I was browsing eBay and stumbled on this: BLACK Sport Armband Case Bag Pouch Cover for LG Google Nexus 4 E960 I remembered seeing your question in the posts list, so figured I'd pass along the info.

It doesn't look like it's custom for the N4, but depending on how long you're willing to wait for something that is, maybe it'd "do" ?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zanthexter For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th December 2012, 04:37 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
Thumbs up Ordered
Ordered, let's hope it gets here before February...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanthexter

I was browsing eBay and stumbled on this: BLACK Sport Armband Case Bag Pouch Cover for LG Google Nexus 4 E960 I remembered seeing your question in the posts list, so figured I'd pass along the info.

It doesn't look like it's custom for the N4, but depending on how long you're willing to wait for something that is, maybe it'd "do" ?
]

28th December 2012, 04:56 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 58

352 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whooda

I just cut a cheap tpu or silicone case and slide an old armband through it. Cut the slits parallel with the side of the phone; about 1/4" smaller than the band that you are going to pass through. Make sure the case is tight on the phone and you should be good to go. I have also used a seidio active case (the one with the 3 plastic pieces). You slide the strap between the hard plastic and the rubber liner and it will work well too.

kind of like this

The attached photos are of a seidio active case for a galaxy s2 but it fits the nexus 4 if you cut a new hole in the rubber for the headphone plug. The power button matches up perfect but the volume buttons are a bit off. The lower button on the case is even with the top button on the phone.

I use this setup because I hate having the plastic protector that is on every workout case I have found. Once you start sweating its nearly impossible to control the phone. It also holds the phone extremely well. I have crashed my bike on the trail several times while using this setup and have not had a single issue with it.

Who is so dumb to play TapTap Revenge while having his phone on armband?

From the other hand it can be a good excercise...

sry for offtopic...
2nd February 2013, 10:20 PM   |  #15  
Flag Topeka

34 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by heresey

Ordered, let's hope it gets here before February...

Did you get this? How does it work? Does it fit with the bumper on it? Can you use the screen while its in the case? Any pictures would be wonderful if you could post them.

Thank!
2nd February 2013, 10:32 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 170

959 posts
More
Quote:

Good looking out! Ordered one. I saw a few similar ones on Amazon before but they costs like $10-15
4th February 2013, 08:24 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 19

37 posts
More
Anyone tried the Armpocket Extreme i-30 or have any experience with one from other devices? They are pricey, but seem to be of higher quality.

http://www.armpocket.com/products/XTREME-30-LW.html
13th February 2013, 05:47 AM   |  #18  
Flag Sydney

23 posts
More
Anyone know of any waterproof ones that will fit? Living in Sydney and when it rains it smashes it down so am a bit worried about water damage when out jogging.
24th February 2013, 03:57 AM   |  #19  
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 280

1,608 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Beam5

Anyone know of any waterproof ones that will fit? Living in Sydney and when it rains it smashes it down so am a bit worried about water damage when out jogging.

Look for a Galaxy S3 water proof armband. The S3 is 0.5 mm thinner, but 1.9 mm wider and 2.7 mm taller, so a waterproof armband that fits the S3 should also fit the Nexus 4 (assuming you are not using a bumper, which would increase the dimensions considerably).
12th April 2013, 09:51 PM   |  #20  
Flag Norwich, CT
Thanks Meter: 2

14 posts
More
Quote:

I just ordered one of these as well, will post a running review after I get it sometime next week or the week after. I figured I couldn't go too wrong for under $5

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread