Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,679 Members 40,745 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stock 4.4.3 Update Stuck?

Tip us?

newdamage
Old
(Last edited by newdamage; 11th June 2014 at 12:20 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Stock 4.4.3 Update Stuck?

Hey guys,

I received the 4.4.3 update for my Nexus 4 earlier, and decided to update it. But it's been going for well over an hour now, and seems to be in a loop.

It's showing the Android robot with the rotating thing coming out of his stomach, saying "installing system update", and the progress bar is moving. But when it reaches the end, the screen flashes, and the screen appears again, and the progress bar does the same. It appears as if the progress bar moves at different speeds each time (never more than about 2/3 minutes to reach the end), but I'm not too sure. Is this normal?

My Nexus 4 is near enough completely stock, the only things that I think could effect it are that I'm running ART and the Google Experience Launcher, and have quite a lot of apps/photos etc. on it. I'm just worried because it's been cycling through this for about an hour now and that doesn't seem right.

Thanks

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,349
Hold the power button into out turns off. The update isn't working.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

newdamage
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
That seemed to work! That was going to be my first option, but didn't know if it was safe, I guess. Thanks for the help!
Stock Nexus 4
Network: Giffgaff